Question About Star Wars Score Releases

Goldsmithfan

Okay, I've recently gotten more interested in the Star Wars scores than I can remember. I've got the Anthology edition of the original trilogy and I'm thinking about getting one of the 2 CD versions. Tell me if I'm wrong, but I looked up both 2 CD versions of the scores and the tracklists appear identical to me. If there's any music on the new 2 CD version, please tell me. Otherwise, I'll get the SE 2 CD versions used at the nearby CD store.

Thanks.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, there's music on the new versions alright. :) Just nothing that wasn't on the RCA releases as well.

The Sony re-releases are just that - re-releases. There is no additional music, no sound quality improvement (as reported on the main page), and Michael Mattessino's excellent liner's notes are replaced with a lame fold-out poster.

So you're safe with the RCA releases. I'm sure you'll enjoy them. :)

Unless you really want those screensavers.... :|

- Marc

The new Sony releases are probably cheaper, and most likely easier to come by.

And they do make the music readily available to an audience only recentlyt got interested in Williams music.

But they missed a great opportunity to correct certain mistakes that were made back in 1997, and offer this great music in a superiour format (sacd)

Thanks for the info. I'll get the SE edition used. I should be able to get all of 'em for around $24 total rather than spend about twice that much for the new release. But of course that means I'll be trading the cool fold-out posters and screensavers for detailed and informative liner notes. Shucks!

Thanks again.

Thanks for the info. I'll get the SE edition used. I should be able to get all of 'em for around $24 total rather than spend about twice that much for the new release. But of course that means I'll be trading the cool fold-out posters and screensavers for detailed and informative liner notes. Shucks!

You made the right choice.

Neil