Technical Help needed:

1st: I would like to get an Isolated Score off of a DVD and onto a CD. I do have both a DVD-Rom and a DVD player. Any help as straightforward as possible would be good.

2nd: I would like to get some of my trailers onto Video CDs that would play on a stand-alone DVD player. Can I do that with a simple CD writer? And if so, how do I do that?

Thanks alot,

The Ghoest-

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The low-tech way is to use the headphone jack from your DVD player and use an adaptor (1/4" to RCA, RCA cord to 1/8" jack) to get it to the audio input of your computer. Then play DVD and record the audio on your computer using any of a plethora of programs. (I use Felt Tip Sound Studio for Mac.) Edit the audio tracks as needed and copy to CD. Using this technique, I've dumped the audio tracks from 1941, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band - Live in NYC, and Billy Joel - Live at Yankee Stadium onto CD.

The high tech way requires software that "rips" the audio tracks from the DVD and put them directly on your hard drive. There are programs that can do that, but I've been told that it requires free space on your hard drive the size of a DVD: 4.7 GIGS.

A web page that lists DVD with isolated scores on them: http://www.treuherz.de/ralf/scores/dvdlist.htm

Hope this helps.

bruckhorn, who plans on making CDs from the isolated score tracks from Quest for Camelot, Legends of the Fall, and Rudy.