New Soundtrack for Download

Jeshopk

Hey guys and gals,

I wrote a soundtrack for a movie that had an indian pop song as the temp music. Needless to say, I completely ignored such recommendations, wrote chamber music, and therefore it is doubtful this will be used in the film. I did it as a freebie for an acquaintance. When there's no money, I go with my artistic instincts and the "client" can take ot or leave it. Classical guitar, piano and orchestral percussion was the closest I was willing to get to a pop sound.

It wasn't a waste of time, because I enjoy the piece, and hope you will too. It's about 10 minutes long, running the full length of the film.

http://www.composerarts.com/toolshedscorem...emp3version.mp3

Jesse

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesse, pretty good! I liked your samples, what do you use?

Plus, am I making too much an assumption that you're highly influenced by Elfman & Thomas Newman?

Great song Jesse! It kinda reminds me of the music they play in Islands of Adventure. And Tony, I really like O Muse! That was beautiful.

I've just started composing, and I have crappy software, with crappy playback, and I made a crappy demo of some of my songs. I don't think I'd post it online though, lol.

Jesse, pretty good! I liked your samples, what do you use?  

Plus, am I making too much an assumption that you're highly influenced by Elfman & Thomas Newman?

The marimba would imply a Newman influence, but I actually was more influenced by the Marimba in Catch Me If You Can. Perhaps a Newmanish element was in there due to my knowing the film maker's limitations when hearing "new" sounds. Basically that Newman Marimba was everywhere on TV, and I figured if I could hook them with something "vogue" then I could explore other territory on my own. I realized it was an instrument I never wrote for, so I decided to go marimba crazy on this score. Also Classical Guitar and some of the percussion I never wrote for, such as the Crotales. So it was much an exercise of writing for a new instrumentation.

My samples were:

Kontakt:

Nylon Guitar

GPO:

Piano

Marimba

Some basic percussion and toys

Celeste

Harpsichord

EWSOGold:

Harp

Crotales