Chris Bacon - High Ground (Varese OST coming July 31st - DIGITAL ONLY!)

Jay

a20791b138770ff319cce3m.jpg

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

HIGH GROUND

Music Composed by

Chris Bacon

Eleven veterans returning from Iraq and Afghanistan join an expedition to climb the 20,000 foot Himalayan giant, Mount Lobuche. With blind adventurer Erik Weihenmayer and a team of Everest summiters as their guides, they set out on an emotional and gripping climb to reach the top in an attempt to heal the emotional and physical wounds of the longest war in U.S. history.

Representing nearly every branch of the military, the veterans, and the Gold Star Mom who joins their trek, bring humor and deep emotion to this hero’s journey, all captured with breathtaking, vertigo-inducing cinematography by three-time Emmy® winner, director Michael Brown.

The inspiring score is by Chris Bacon, who burst onto the film-scoring scene with his full throttled score for Duncan Jones's hit thriller Source Code. Having cut his teeth as a protégé — orchestrating, co-composing, and writing additional music — of James Newton Howard (on films like Gnomeo And Juliet and King Kong), Bacon made his solo debut with the score for Angels Fall and hasn't looked back.

HIGH GROUND will open in theatres August 2012.

Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 161 2

iTunes/Amazon Digital Release Only

Release Date: 07/31/12

Track List:

1. High Ground (1:19)

2. Rizzo And Cody (3:23)

3. Nico (1:45)

4. The Trek Begins (1:00)

5. I’ve Actually Never Seen Her (2:34)

6. Who Knew? (2:56)

7. Ashley, Matt, And Walter Reed (2:32)

8. The Trek Continues (1:51)

9. Ike’s Story (3:16)

10. Camaraderie (4:04)

11. I Was Able To See (2:58)

12. A Good Looking Mountain (2:13)

13. No One Left Behind (2:03)

14. The Climb (2:24)

15. Long, Slow, Burn (4:09)

16. Summit (3:46)

17. Epilogue (2:26)

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/the-1055/High-Ground/Detail

• 4 weeks later...

So this came out, and it was quite different than we were all expecting. A lot of more contemporary instruments, but you can clearly detect an orchestral heritage in the writing.

It's definitely worth a buy if a little guitar and piano work doesn't scare you. The closest well-known relatives to this score I can think of are March of the Penguins and The Perfect Storm.

If all you care about is the orchestral bits, definitely buy the track "Summit" for $0.99. Worth it! Really lovely. The beautiful statement of the main theme at 1:39-2:00 is worth the dollar alone in my book.

Chris Bacon is still one to watch!