How to find those rare printed scores

Johnmusic

Can anyone tell me where to look to purchase or borrow Williams' or Elfman scores that are not at sheetmusicplus...or hal and leonard or warner bros? I'm talking about the actual scores...like the ones recorded. I've been to Themes and Variations...but I've never gotten anything from there because they are really difficult about lending scores. Can anyone help me? Has anyone used Themes and Variations?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't how to purchase or borrow scores that aren't published. What are you looking for though? I might have transcribed it? I'm always transcribing JW. :devil:

You should try:

http://www.scoretrader.com

Its a fairly good listing for people looking for rare score. You can buy and trade from other people.

you can also try outfits like Supercollector, Intrada and Screen Archives Entertainment.

I'm looking for a few. One being Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra. Another being Indy's First Adventure. Finally I'd say March of the Slave Children. Those are the main ones. Does score trader trade PRINTED scores too?

Yes I used TNV but not for score colecting, but for my orchestra to play some fiim music. I tell you TNV is rather expensiv. We played LC end credits, Braveheart End credits, and once upon a time in the west. From Elfman we once playe the Batman suite.

BTW: Have you seen, TNV has already ST X: Nemesis for hire!!!!!

What are internet special webs? Yeah...TNV doesn't look like the place to go for me. The guy in charge was very snotty to me anyways.

BTW...I like your icon CHS. I've been trying to get some score to fit in the parameters. Has anyone guessed what that music is yet? I know what it is...but I won't blab it out in case you don't want people to know.

That's easy, it's from Harry Potter...... All you have to do is read the top line, it's the melody.

John... Contact me through AIM. My screen name is Temba5.

Ocelot

Have you seen, TNV has already ST X: Nemesis for hire!!!!!

Ummmmm huh? A movie for hire? The hell does that mean? Can a movie be hired for a job?

"Now what position were you seeking?"

"Ummmm well I can show the employees the same movie over and over again"

I assume he meant something else.

Of course I meant something else, we are talking about sheet music here, so the sheet music is for hire, if you have an orchestra and like to play star trek with it, you are able to order this music from tnv.

btw my avatar has been discussed in another topic. Is Hogwarts forever.