Which rendition of the Munich Theme do you like most?

Josh500

Which do you like most?  

14 members have voted

1. 1.

• Avner and Daphna
    • Thoughts of Home
    • Remembering Munich

The first two are exactly the same, except one's oboe, the other's chello.

I would have to pick the chello, but then the oboe is pretty good too (played a bit faster). I just keep wondering how it would have sounded if Yo-Yo Ma had played Thoughts of Home. Steven Erdody is talented, no argument there, but I think he's no match for Yo-Yo Ma. Also, the horn solo at 2:42 is indescribably sad and haunting -- one of the best JW has ever written, IMO. (Completely different context, but it somehow reminds me of the horn solo from Across the Stars (at 4:02), which is equally sad and haunting.) Lisbeth Scott does a terrific job in Remembering Munich, too, but I've always loved the orchestral versions more.

P.S. Of all the major themes from Munich, this is the one I like most. :thumbup:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You like this better than "Prayer for Peace"/Avner's Theme??

:fouetaa:

Don't get me wrong, all the themes are great, but I'm especially fond of this theme. I don't know why. :fouetaa:

"Remembering Munich" is a haunting cue, and one of Williams' finest on CD in 2005, along with "Bonding." I'm now waiting for a poll about which rendition of Avner's theme is the best.

Ted

I'm not particulary fond of this theme. I prefer Avner's theme, even if it sounds like an outtake from "Schindler's List".

I vote for Remembering Munich, simply because it is theonly cue that I remember from these three. It was a tough choice. I hate Lisbeth Scott-type of singing.

Karol