"Always" question

DarthMatt

I was just curious--I'm in a position to acquire a copy of the Always cd from JW, and was wondering how the score is overall? It's nearly impossible to find a review or any information on this cd at all. Any info would be much appreciated.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The c.d is out of print,so you'll have to trade a cdr with someone,unless you get lucky.The music has been called sub-par Williams,but personally I like it.it's not his best,but still good.Lots of cues remind me of "The Fortress of Solitude" from Superman.Too bad there's a bunch of songs (a la Born on the fourth of July album) wasting disk space.

K.M.

It's out of print but still readily available in a Barnes & Noble or Borders or what have you.

It's a flabbergastingly low-key score (save "Follow Me" or whatever it's called), and I think it's one those rare examples in which a JW score is not only utterly unlistenable on album but is also only marginally a step above mere functionality in the picture.

The first version of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes" is probably the best track on the album.

I haven't played it a lot. It has two or three great tracks (Dorinda Solo Flight and the track that was made into the concert cue Theme from Always), so if you don't already have those, you should get it. :baaa: