The Four Feathers by James Horner (whoops, forbidden ground)

I know most of you seem to dread James Horner, and I myself am very well aware of the fact, that many of his scores are pretty much identical, but I still think the love theme, which he has written for The Four Feathers is very beautiful, albeit simple and very Hornerish. Does anyone know where I can find an MP3 of the last track, "A Coward No Longer"? Kazaa and Imesh are not helping...

--Pelzter.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think Horner is great, he's just not very original or varied. But beautiful melodies seem to come incredibly easy to him, you gotta give him that.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Horner's not broke, therefore he's got nothing to fix.

Besides, if every composer was like John Williams, then John Williams would cease to be as good as he is now; he would no longer be a yardstick by which other composers are measured, they would become indistinguishable from him, and that'd suck.

I know what you mean Pelzter, I have been looking for that track everywhere!!!

I love how it was used in the movie too, but I wish it could have been used more often.

Anyway, any help by anybody anyhow would be welcome...

I'm listening to Four Feathers as I'm typing this, but I don't find the "love theme" that haunting. May I remind you that I absolutely ADORE Legends of the Fall score so I am not one of those Horner haters ever since I heard this score, but Four Feathers - as of now- doesn't sound like being in the league of Horner's best career deeds. But it's a very relaxing album and I enjoy it quite like, say, Bicentennial Man.

:? BUT why the hell plenty of Horner fans crawl in here and there abasing Horner's talent by pre-stating: "We know he copies himself/hasn't written original theme for months......."... or the like? Common!, if you guys like his music, why being that humbled? Or is it just a pretend or an excuse you do to justify discussing Horner here? If James Horner's music fits your tastes, there's nothing second-class about it.

YoL.-)

Besides, if every composer was like John Williams, then John Williams would cease to be as good as he is now

This is an impossible scenario. One person will always be the best at any given time. The evaluation curves of any human parameter show it.

If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Thank god few poeple listen to that stupid saying or we'd be stuck in the stone age. :thumbup: Heh, I should put this saying on the list of stupidist things someone has said to me. :thumbup:

Horner's not broke, therefore he's got nothing to fix.

And therefore he'll never be more than he his today.

This is an impossible scenario. One person will always be the best at any given time. The evaluation curves of any human parameter show it.

Nonsense, usually a few will be the best. There are exceptions though.