James Horner fired from recent films?

odnurega1

Hey! I was just over on the imdb.com forums, and read on a James Horner thread that he was fired from both "Cinderella Man" and "The Good Shepherd". Is this true? I know that you can't always find the truth over at imdb.com, so I figured I would ask.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he was replaced on The Good Shepherd. I hadn't heard anything about Cinderella Man, though. Might just be an assumpstion, based on his collaborations with Howard (Howard is unpredictable in his composer choices).

I believe he was replaced on The Good Shepherd. I hadn't heard anything about Cinderella Man, though. Might just be an assumpstion, based on his collaborations with Howard (Howard is unpredictable in his composer choices).

Do you know why he was replaced on The Good Shepherd? I often wonder if it was because the score he came up with was a rehash of all his old scores? I wonder, when a director hears his score for their film for the first time, do they know that there are moments from his other scores present? A good example would be The Spiderwick Chronicles and the use of the Casper theme.

No idea why he was replaced (I'm not 100% sure he was even hired in the first place). But the score that ended up in the film was not particularly effective or memorable .

No idea why he was replaced (I'm not 100% sure he was even hired in the first place). But the score that ended up in the film was not particularly effective or memorable .

I'll second that. I bought the score after I saw the film, and have not listened to it in full once. I think it is very mundane.

Recent films he was officially/unofficially attached to, but didn't end up scoring:

"Frost/Nixon"

"The Good Shepherd"

"World Trade Center"

"The Da Vinci Code"

"Cenderella Man"

"Ask the Dust"

"The Passion of the Christ"

"The Sum of All Fears" (which may have gotten further than generally known)

That's all I know of. There could be more.

I've heard, I think from a Filmtracks review, that he was at one point attached to Jurassic Park 3....is this corroborated elsewhere?

This was never official, i believe. Just an assumption based on Horner's previous scores for the director.

Ah, yes I see. That would make sense. I had forgotten that it was Joe Johnston who directed.