Tim Morrison from Boston to LA??

DU Lou

I noticed in the ET premiere footage that Tim Morrison was 1st Chair Trumpet - I know he left the BSO a few years ago but did he move to LA to perform there permantly in one of the Orchestras and to do studio work, or was that just a gig for him since he and John Williams have worked on a number of projects in the past?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember the story right...

Morrison began working in Boston in the late 70's or early 80's. He then left for some work as frelance trumpeteer, and played with a brass ensemble, as guest performer, while on tour -- I don't remember what was the ensemble, I believe he even recorded with them on Telarc.

He later returned again to Boston to be principal trumpet with the Pops, in the late 80's, when he made this projects with Williams. Around 1998, he left again and went to LA to work on studio orchestras.

I´ve always wonder about this because I grew up watching Evening at Pops, and now the faces from the Pops, then in 1996 the only time I saw Morrison was when he appeared with John Williams when they performed "Summon the Heroes" together. That was the last time I´ve seen Morrison there.

I thought that perhaps he was still in the BSO, and if´m not mistaken the Pops is the same musicians as the BSO except the principal players, and thought that perhaps Morrison had taken the first chair and was not performing for the Pops.