Ahh!!..'John Williams-Jedi Maestro' CD at last & other g

Wow!

I was so damn lucky to get this Williams promo cd from Ebay for a mere six bucks only.Now thats a steal! What a super John Williams radio programe, this is. This is a superb 1 hour plus Radio show produced by Sony classcial for the promotion of the Episode II soundtrack featuring detailed interviews with John Williams, George Lucas, Rick Mccallum. It covers the making of both Episode I and II.

But I was shocked to hear the more complete fuller version of ZAM THE ASSASSIN cue on the disc here. Along with an exclusive Across the Stars-Music video music only track (and the DIALOGUE SFX VERSION) It also has the Anakin's Theme and the Imperial March back to back which makes it into an interesting comparasion as the former ends with Vader's bars before the onslaught of the march which is from the Williams Star Wars trilogy recording. You also get Duel of the fates and the full Across the Stars music tracks. The music from the scores is spread behind the discussions and you also get the Williams and Lucas clips without the music.Cool!

I know some of you already have this disk but probably paid a ransom for the disc from Ebay. I was lucky to spot this as it was disguized as the ordinary score cd but looking at description: John Williams Jedi Star Wars Ep II CD 14 trk - made me have a second go and voila-there it was lyingunassumngly this little golden treat.

Well...Theres another fancier pressing of Episode II promo cd which is the Across the Stars radio edits version which I will probably get becuase of the beautifull packaging and cover It has all the 3 version of the Across the Stars which are on this JEDI MAESTRO cd anyway.

I was also able to secure the beautifully cover single version of Duel of the Fate which has QuiGon and Darth Maul in saber battle pose.

Another Williams memobrilia I have is the 20 minute the Phantom Menace interview with Williams on VHS (again from Sony classical)-I was able to get this promo kit last year from Ebay -Very cool again.

Now if you will excuse me, I will now go and watch the John Williams documentaries on my spectacular 4 disc ET.Collectors gift set. This gift box is godsend for any self respecting John Williams fan!-Enough said.

:dance: Amer

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You posted this exact same message over at FSM. I guess that you need to pound your chest a little more, since no one replied to that message. :roll:

Is that what's on Crusher's trade list,aside from the 6 different cover copies of the regular c.d. he bought(which he says he traded for to look less obsessive)

K.M.

K.M., this is the list of Chris:

-Promo CD-R (mp3s-to-CDR-transfer)  

-Sony (Pressed CD: Poster Art Cover/ No bonus material)  

-Sony (Pressed CD: Poster Art Cover/ Bonus Track: Thanks "That Bloke"!)  

-Sony (Pressed CD: Anakin & Padme/ Target Exclusive Bonus Track)  

-Sony (Pressed CD: Yoda Cover/ Wal-Mart Exclusive Screensaver)  

-Sony (Pressed CD: Jango Fett Cover/ Best Buy Exclusive Collectible Card)  

-Across The Stars: Attack of the Clones CDR single (3 edits of the track, 1 Long version w/SFX & Dialogue, 1 w/out SFX & Dialogue, and 1 short version of The Love Theme. The long versions contain a "suite-like" edit of music from all over the film including a few momentary seconds of unreleased music. Artwork. Thanks Miguel!)  

The first one is likelly to be made of the mp3 that were made available some two months prior to the cd release. Then you have the 5 diferent releases of the cd itself.

Finally there's the promo single, also made available to radio stations, that I got from the net in mp3 format, and send Chris a copy.

The Jedi Maestro programs was also available on-line here:

http://www.wguc.org/content/starwars.asp

I got a cd-r copy of that from a fellow JW collector who happens to work on the mass media.

You posted this exact same message over at FSM.  I guess that you need to pound your chest a little more, since no one replied to that message.   :roll:

Check that page again and the one at moviemusic!

Amer