The Boys: The Sherman Brothers Story

chuck

I don't know if this was already been discussed, but has anyone seen the film "The Boys: The Sherman Brothers Story"? It's a great documentary about the lives and careers of Robert and Richard Sherman. Our man Johnny had a small cameo talking about the brothers and their father, Al Sherman who was also a songwriter.

Here's the trailer of the film:

I recommend everyone to watch it.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the notice! Coincidentally I finally got around to reading the liner notes on my copy of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang earlier today. Does the documentary only discuss their work at Disney?

I was at Disneyland last December and I decided for once to spend a decent amount of time checking out some of the nuances of Main Street instead of going straight for the rides. I found a music shop title "The Sherman Bros Music Shop" or something. It was neat. I also read this great Disney biography about a year ago, and it discussed how near the end of his life Disney would walk into the office of the Sherman brothers, say "Play it," and just listen to "Feed the Birds."

I did see this film and yes it is rather sad. I had no idea what their true relationship was like and thus was a bit surprised. I'd recommend it to everyone here.