Reflections of Evil (2002) -- music by John Williams???

Pelzter

the IMDB has listed John Williams as one of the composers of this movie from 2002!! ?? And his name is not followed by a parenthesis! Does this make any sense??

--Pelzter.

PS: Ennio Morricone is also mentioned, though uncredited.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe it's just one of the thousands of wrong "facts" the IMDb contains.

Marian - who has learned that information from the IMDb must be taken with a spoon of salt.

:) The Lion King (Hans Zimmer)

Or maybe it's just one of the thousands of wrong "facts" the IMDb contains.

Marian - who has learned that information from the IMDb must be taken with a spoon of salt.

:) The Lion King (Hans Zimmer)

Really? I wasn't aware that there was incorrect information on that site. Do you have examples?

~Harry

There are more people called John Williams in this world

John Williams happens to be a guitarplayer also, so maybe it's this guitar player they mentioned

KraMB - who agree with Marian on IMDB

Really?  I wasn't aware that there was incorrect information on that site.  Do you have examples?

Much of the information at IMDb is user-submitted. I think they do check this stuff before publishing it, but they can't know everything, so many errors slip through. This mostly affects movies in production though, like people being listed as attached to projects when it's all nothing but a rumour and turns out to be totally wrong (and then it often takes weeks or months before the IMDb entries are corrected).

The most curious entry I've seen so far is in the trivia section of Jurassic Park. There it says (or at least said, too lazy to check if it's still there) that the idea to change the ending and have the T-Rex save the day was John William's idea. Does anyone know if this is true?

Marian - who thinks the ending sucks, particularly when you compare it to the novel.

:) The Phantom Menace: "Ultimate" Edition

Original Music by

György Ligeti

John Williams

Ennio Morricone (uncredited)

Gioacchino Rossini (overture from La Gazza Ladra) (uncredited)

Did Rossini and Ligeti score it too? :)

This movie is partially a documentary. Perhaps John's music just kind of found its way into a segment or two?! After all, it also lists Steven Spielberg, Mick Jagger, John Ashcroft, Elizabeth Montgomery and tons others as uncredited stars. Their rolls are "themselves" in archival footage.

I heard the ending changed when Spielberg realized what was possible with CG.

Neil

I thought the ending was changed after test audiences thought the t-rex should make a final appearance after not being in much of the movie after the car scene.

~Harry

Yeah, but usually, when a theme or pieces written by someone else is/are used, the composer's name is followed by a parenthesis, explaining from where it was taken. This is not the case this time, as Williams seems to have composed "original music" specifically for the documentary.

And no, I checked under "our" Williams, so it is not the guitarplayer of the same name, unless ofcourse it is a simple error on behalf of the IMDb. As an example of such an error, I remember the IMDb at one point listing our Williams as the composer of The Deer Hunter! The mistake there was ofcourse, that Williams the guitarist played the film's main theme, Cavatina.

--Pelzter.

Yeah, but usually, when a theme or pieces written by someone else is/are used, the composer's name is followed by a parenthesis

When entered correctly, those credits should show up as "non-original music" or something. I know the IMDb has credits for original and non-original music. And since many dead composers regularly show up under "original music", it's pretty clear that people keep confusing these categories all the time.

Marian - pretty sure we'd know if Williams had written original music for this. :)

Another interesting 'fact' from that site is that the couple kissing on the bridge in Hook as Tink flies Peter to Neverland was played by George Lucas and Carrie Fisher. :(

Ray Barnsbury

Another interesting 'fact' from that site is that the couple kissing on the bridge in Hook as Tink flies Peter to Neverland was played by George Lucas and Carrie Fisher.  :)  

Ray Barnsbury

Yup...that's them alright. :)