Where is the recording of the Harry Potter suite?:?

Paul

I came across this news item over a year ago on the Music from the Movies website...

"John Williams has recorded a concert suite featuringmusic from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. In a recent interview with UK:s Classic FM radio station, John Williams said that the seven themes in the score has been turned into a seven movement concert piece which has been. Each movement highlights a section of the orchestra, so the recording is a little like "Peter and the Wolf" with a short and humorous naration before each section. The composer said that said that the recording wasn't intended to "cash in" on the Harry Potter phenomenon, but as a "serious

attempt to introduce children to the orchestra"."

Was this for real? It doesn't sound as tho he means the "concert" arrangements heard on the soundtrack CD. So, where is this recording?

Anyone know? :?

Paul

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I came across this news item over a year ago on the Music from the Movies website...

"John Williams has recorded a concert suite featuringmusic from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I

Anyone know? :?

Paul

I have that from Crushercomix again :mrgreen: .the 8 mvt. suite with composer commentary from a 2002 pops concert.I don't know if its from a broadcast or a smuggled recorder in the concert.Very interesting,though the Pops doesn't seem to have practiced it.

K.M.