"The Two Towers Theme"?

Saxbabe

I'm looking for the name to a cue... I don't have the cd's (yet) but looking at the tracklists and timing, it doesn't fit any if them.

It says on it "Two Towers Theme" but that title isn't on the TT cd (or any of them). It's not part of one of them either. It seems like the music was in one of the trailers for TT, actually I can't remember. It's really dramatic.

It's big and loud, and gets louder and louder...it starts with a male voice singing Middle Eastern yodeling stuff, and coming in later with the two note theme that is repeated all through the cue. (da-dah, da-da-da-dah, da-da-da-dah) and it builds and builds to a big banging end. Very militaristic, you could imagine an army marching to it. Actually you could almost headbang to it near the end.... banghead

It's 6:34 in length.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just looked at all 3 soundtracks on filmtracks and none of the track times were 6:34 so it's possible it was a cue from another movie

It might be from one of those LotR inspired CDs that have nothing to do with Shore or the movies that have popped up in the last couple of years.

John- guessing. :?

I found out what it is!!!! And if you like the Lord of the Rings music, and don't have it, you should try to find it. If you look, it's not too hard. It's based on Lux Aeterna which was I think originally a choral piece.

Okay...Here's the skinny: http://www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~miker...luxaeterna.html

A description from someone that was listening to it:

I have the Two Towers Theme (Lux Aeterna, a very intense song, indeed) blasting loudly from my speakers...The song booms with a regular rhythm like horse hoofs pounding in a raging fury

It fits so well with the rest of the music, and is perfect with the battles at the end. I always supposed it would be on the CD's. I figured out it wasn't when I saw the track lists though. I would never have guessed Shore didn't write it.

And it is on the trailer for Two Towers...it's 1:42 into the trailer (I rewatched it at http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lord_of_th...the_two_towers/ -any movie player works there). But.....is that piece on the movie at all?? Come to think of it I don't know if it is, which is too bad.

The version I found of it sounds really great, and isn't cut or anything. It's way better in its entirety than on the trailer. There was a link on that page above to an Ebert article explaining the decision to "recycle" the piece but since the article was 2 yrs ago...it's in their archives. Only $2.95 to view it! :? Too bad.

I wonder who composed the LOTR orchestral version....cause man is it great. I guess it wasn't Shore from what it says in the article. Very interesting.

And if you're looking for it, beware of the "remix" fake that's out there...it was made with some sort of program like Sibelius (but the title is the same), the one I have is the trailer version uncut.