Lost in Space - Season One on DVD

January 13, 2004 is the scheduled release date for "Lost in Space - Season One" (1964). The music for this series in this is the roots for many of the epic Williams sci-fi scores to follow and this is the first time the series has appeared on DVD.

I only hope that they do a decent restoration on sound and picture (and some comments by John would be nice!)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will get that DVD set.

K.M.Who would love Williams to re-record the LIS music with a full orchestra

I will get that DVD set.

K.M.Who would love Williams to re-record the LIS music with a full orchestra

You were aware that that the scores were recored already with a 55 to 65 piece Orchestras for the series.

That is what I call a full orcestra.

Ford A. Thaxton

The whole recording philosophy and tast was different back then. With a very dry ambience and close miked upfront sound it was as if the orchestra stood in your living room. I think besides the recording technology it was a fashionable approach.

Would you believe that there are people who think that Star Wars: A new Hope is recorded with a small orchestra? I'm not joking!

These days a bigger larger sound is the way to go. But the orchestra used is almost the same. You can achieve alot with mike placement and multi- effect units, the location where the recording takes place, studio, hall, church; it's all those things.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I actually tend to prefer that close sound. :thumbup: Though with digital technology the close sound ends up sounding dry.

I guess I mean a "bigger" LSO or RSNO type orchestra sound (post Star Wars style)even if a 70's midsise studio orchestra is considerse a "full" or "complete" regarding it's various sections....Compare the JAWS 25th anniversary c.d. with the Varese re-recording.

K.M.