The Killers on DVD -- Isolated Scores on DVD

SevenYears

I was just wondering if anybody has heard the isolated score on the Criterion Collection's release of the Killers featuring John Williams score. It says score and effects track and was wondering if there are still gunshots and doorslams mixed in with the score, or if it was truly isolated. Also, any thoughts on the quality of the score? Just wanted to know before spending $40 on the film since I am only interested in John Williams music.

On that topic -- I have two other DVDs with isolated scores -- Witches of Eastwick and Superman. Do you know if any other John Williams scored film released on DVD have isolated scores as well?

Thanks to anybody with an answer!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just wondering if anybody has heard the isolated score on the Criterion Collection's release of the Killers featuring John Williams score.  It says score and effects track and was wondering if there are still gunshots and doorslams mixed in with the score, or if it was truly isolated.  Also, any thoughts on the quality of the score?  Just wanted to know before spending $40 on the film since I am only interested in John Williams music.

On that topic -- I have two other DVDs with isolated scores -- Witches of Eastwick and Superman.  Do you know if any other John Williams scored film released on DVD have isolated scores as well?

I can't speak for "The Killers" but, to my knowledge, no other JW films have iso-score tracks.

Jeff - Who just last night was watching the Witches DVD with the isolated score.

Analysis of a Post by Neil S. Bulk

The post in question is this one, quoted here:

That was mildly uncalled for.

I'd agree with that.

Now, the post "TLIJ" is referring to contained what could be considered an insult to "TLIJ" posted by "AI", where he said, "TLIJ doesn't read anything except his own posts, oh and the bible." "TLIJ" said that was uncalled, and I agreed with him. Yes it is uncalled for. I thought I was pretty clear. Now, my post would have been very different had it looked like this:

TLIJ doesn't read anything except his own posts, oh and the bible.

I'd agree with that.

If I had posted that, then it would seem I was agreeing with "AI", which I'm clearly not.

Now I will say that "TLIJ" has displayed an alarming lack of reading comprehension twice in this thread. Once when responding to my post and the other time when he answered this question, "I have two other DVDs with isolated scores -- Witches of Eastwick and Superman. Do you know if any other John Williams scored film released on DVD have isolated scores as well?" with, "So does Superman...".

Neil

You have not broken any of the Rules, so there is no need for that.

Ricard has never banned a person before of a difference of opinion or an argument, and i'm sure Neil will never do so either.

Please do not confuse Neil S. Bulk, the mighty moderator and Vasal of Ricard L. Befan with Indysolo, a 27 year old Star Wars/Star Trek/Superman geek who thinks he's pretty smart and has a sardonic sense of humor that not everybody may appriciate.

Stefancos- still wondering how Ricard is doing these days, and pleased with the updates he did to his site.

Ricard has never banned a person before of a difference of opinion or an argument, and i'm sure Neil will never do so either.  

Ohh yes he has.

Ohh yes he has.

Who, me or Ricard? Care to discuss this in private? Feel free to PM me.

Neil

I think Morn means the past. Pre-Indysolo moderator. Although it is quite often difficult (if not impossible) to fathom Morn's thoughts. :P

For example, the infamous Maninpurple was banned, and a few times we all had some big arguments and debates (and I was involved in more than a few) where new rules and boards were introduced and sometimes repealed. And with the debates came and went a few members, but no official bans (other than MIP).

I also believe the MIP was more than one person anyways... I even pretended to be him many years back as well. What a memorable character he/she/it was. LOL

Plus, I think that Ricard and Indy have always been excellent moderators. Sure, I disagree about a few of the rules, but I abide by them (at least as much as possible). :(

I think Morn means the past. Pre-Indysolo moderator. Although it is quite often difficult (if not impossible) to fathom Morn's thoughts. ;)

For example, the infamous Maninpurple was banned, and a few times we all had some big arguments and debates (and I was involved in more than a few) where new rules and boards were introduced and sometimes repealed. And with the debates came and went a few members, but no official bans (other than MIP).  

I also believe the MIP was more than one person anyways... I even pretended to be him many years back as well. What a memorable character he/she/it was. LOL

Plus, I think that Ricard and Indy have always been excellent moderators. Sure, I disagree about a few of the rules, but I abide by them (at least as much as possible). :)

I'd agree with that.