NEW YORK
‘An Evening with John Williams and Yo-Yo Ma’
February 22, 2024
Carnegie Hall
The Philadelphia Orchestra conducted by JOHN WILLIAMS
Yo-Yo Ma, cello
Performance details – Discussion thread

https://jwfan.com/?page_id=11271

So with 2023 coming to an end I wonder what we can have in stone for 2024 other than 2 announced Yo-Yo Ma concerts in February... Maestro will turn 92 shortly so certainly it would be hard to imagine a packed concert schedule like throughout the last couple of years, but we never know! Ennio Morricone conducted his final concerts at the age of 90 and passed away just a year later (following accident/fall). John doesn't go out for long tournees like Ennio used to, but travelling, passing several time zones etc. at his age can be challenging and tiring, even using private jets and staying at the best hotels. I certainly expect another Tanglewood and Hollywood Bowl appearances over the summer, but I feel we might have one more surprise. Personally I keep fingers crossed for a long deserved comeback to the Royal Albert Hall with LSO. He has crossed checked all other prestigious appearances since Vienna 2020 so unless there is some great offer/invite coming from Concertgebouw Orchestra, Staatskapelle Dresden or Bavarian RSO, I don't really expect more appearances in continental Europe. But my bet would be on one final concert in London, especially as he is so long awaited there since 2018 cancellation.

Owing to never really being in the right place at the right time and a couple of missed opportunities, I've never seen the Maestro live. If he played the Royal Albert Hall, I'd be there like a shot. 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Is there a reason to have a pinned thread dedicated to his upcoming concerts, when the same information is already available in this pinned thread?

Wikerman's post comes from the old thread which was pinned for months, somehow redundantly. This new thread has been provisionally pinned in order not to affect the visibility of the discussion, but will eventually be unpinned.