Recent article about Williams' Violin Concerto No. 2 (German premiere?)

TJH132

My Google news feed serves up all sorts of stories.  Last night during a break in TV, I scrolled through and saw one about Williams' Violin Concerto No. 2.  I clicked on it and read the first few sentences.  It seemed like a good read, but I put my phone down and went back to watching TV.  Of course, I shut the phone off at the end of the night and now I can't find the article ANYWHERE!  It's like Google doesn't want me to read it.

I don't know how recent the story was, but I think it indicated Andris Nelsons and Mutter had given the German premiere of the piece, if that narrows it down.  The review seemed very complementary, as far as I got.

Does anyone know the article I'm talking about?

5 minutes ago, TJH132 said:

Of course, I shut the phone off at the end of the night and now I can't find the article ANYWHERE!  It's like Google doesn't want me to read it.

Have you tried going to your phone's browser history? The link for the article will be there if you clicked on it and read it for a bit before your phone shutting down.

25 minutes ago, Thor said:

I tihnk BB8 linked to it in the thread just below this.

Nope, that wasn't the one.  Like I said, I'm not sure how old the article is because Google will frequently serve up old stuff as new.

27 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Have you tried going to your phone's browser history? The link for the article will be there if you clicked on it and read it for a bit before your phone shutting down.

Well... I did try that on my laptop (Chrome being synched and all) but it didn't show up.  Of course, I found it on my phone once I turned it back on.  Thanks for the (obvious) tip!

Here's the article:  https://jarijuhanikallio.wordpress.com/2023/09/07/in-the-manner-of-genuine-classic-john-williamss-violin-concerto-no-2-with-anne-sophie-mutter-the-bso-and-andris-nelsons-at-elbphilharmonie/

Yep, that's on the German premiere of VC2 with BSO in Hamburg (Sep 2023). Nelsons and ASM have also performed VC2 in Leipzig with the Gewandhaus Orchester (Dec 2023).