Look Here!

Melange

Ok. Going back to UK tommorow. So i'm last min shopping .

I'm In Bangkok today, and i noticed two proper 2 JW Cd's :

Not cheaper than in the west unfortunately. But 2 questions.

1 : I cannot remember Presumed Innocent as a score. I remember the film from way back, but i cannot remember one note of the score. It is one to pick up as it's here.?. There is one copy here. Varese. Same price as in the west. Worth getting?. I looked on the net, and the criticism is similar to Minority Report. Eg - Does'nt work so well outside of the film. What do you folks think?

2 : An edition of E.T here in Bangkok. I have the 1982 MCA E.T 8 tracks with the black cover and the two fingers meeting. And i have the recent 20th anniversary one. This one in BKK is an MCA 1982 8 track, but the cover is slightly different. Riding over moon etc. Is it one to pick up for collector value?

Hope i get replies soon, as i only have a few hours tommorow.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get Presumed Innocent some parts are slow. But the theme is soooooo well worth it.

Also the E.T. you are speaking of is the US version of the 1982 release. I do believe it is rare you might consider picking it up just for collector's sake.

Justin -Who has the '82 finger cover. :)

On PI I must agree with the critics the score doesn't work that well outside the film. Nevertheless it's a good score, bu I don't consider it a masterpiece

buet hey you are talking about Williams here !!!

Justin -Who has the '82 finger cover. :P

But is it the Haitian release?. Mine is from Haiti, and has two real severed fingers taped to the front (apparently the result of a Voodoo stunt gone wrong) . As for Presumed Innocent, i've decided to give it a miss as i cant get an idea what it's like before shelling out the cash. Money is low now and it's no cheaper than in the west as it's just an import. So i'll leave it for someone else.

Coming hooooooooooome :)

1 : I cannot remember Presumed Innocent as a score. I remember the film from way back, but i cannot remember one note of the score. It is one to pick up as it's here.?. There is one copy here. Varese. Same price as in the west. Worth getting?. I looked on the net, and the criticism is similar to Minority Report. Eg - Does'nt work so well outside of the film. What do you folks think?

Presumed Innocent is a solid work. It's the perfect example of what the music is supposed to do in the movie. To help tell the story. Many gripe over its monotony, and the truth is this score doesn't build up to any thunderous thematical outburst at the end. Overall, the tracks sound very little varied, which might want you to leave lusting for in-depth analysis behind the door. It's an ideal piece for a background listening. The theme that's repeated throughout the score is better than you'd expect from a drama. It's wistfully whimsical. If I were to rank it, it'd be heavens above scores like Accidental Tourist or Stepmom. They are good, but not as good.

Adam, I don't know you that much but I'd recommend it to you. It's for those who want something different from Williams, something relaxing yet hallmarked with his classic tunefulness. For meditation, plain IDEAL!!!!! I listen to it when it's dark outside or when I give tea parties.

If you find it boring, send it to me and I'll compensate your expenses. I wouldn't mind having two copies...! :)