Is it me or is "Gollum's Song" from TTT perfect fo

Beowulf

when you're depressed?

Seriously...i've been having relationship problems and this song perfectly captures what i'm feeling right now (without the dual personality part that is :music: ).

The ebbing minor modulations combined with the voice of Emiliana Torrini haunts me.

As an aside - how did this song not win, let alone be nominated for, the "Best Song" Category at the Oscars?!? It's beautiful!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, my favourite 'depressed' music is the score to American History X.

It used to be ET tracks 15 to 19. It kinda brought me out of the sadness when the resurrection occurs, scored beautifully.

I know. It's an amazing song. It's just so really very sad.

Sorry about your relation problems, BTW. Hope it turns out all right.

- Marc

Thanks for the kind words Marc - I suppose everyone has to deal with it. Doesn't make it any easier though.

It used to be ET tracks 15 to 19. It kinda brought me out of the sadness when the resurrection occurs, scored beautifully.

I know what you're saying Miz. Incidentally, ET is the only soundtrack that takes me on a roller coaster of emotions - from sadness to elation and all the emotions in between!

I turn to the musical Les Miserables when I'm sad.

Of course, I'm not often sad. When a tragedy strikes me, I filter the sadness through other emotions: rage (Eminem helps here), meditation (that's when Saving Private Ryan comes in)...

But I personally don't have some "depressed-music" standards. I look for music which at least in my mind has a slight connection to the tragedy or event that started it all. That helps.