Elvisjones TPM Ultimate CDs

BlueDude

Hi, guys, first post!

No, it's not what you think it is. I don't want a copy of Elvisjones' TPM edit, cool as it is. I did want to touch base with those veterans here who have made their own versions as I have. I closely followed Elvisjones' cue sheet, but with a few small changes that make the edits more transparent, or let the music breathe a little more by leaving clean endings in place. (I also made clean endings and beginnings around the source material on Disc 1, since I don't like the Mos Espa stuff getting in the way of the orchestral score. The source material now resides on bonus tracks.) Thanks to Elvisjones, wherever you are, for a really helpful cue sheet.

I have been hammering out my version on Cooledit for the past few months, a little at a time, and have finally come up with something I'm really happy with. There are still a few small bits out there that I don't have, and I was hoping somebody here might know where to find them.

First of all, I do have the Ep 1 Insider's Guide on CD, but I have no idea where the "Hit the nose" snippet is on it. I have searched through the program and can't find it.

Also, I don't have Racer, and haven't needed it. The Racer material listed on the cue sheet (I think there was only podloop1) can be found somewhere in the Jedi Power Battles tracks at higher quality. (I found the same was true for several, but not all, of the TPM game material. I have the TPM game so that wasn't an issue.) I would like to know where to find the "bonus material" from Racer, namely the alternate versions of Duel Of The Fates that Elvis mentioned. There has to be a good quality version out there somewhere. I'd rather not use the low quality stuff from Racer if I can help it.

Thanks for any assistance!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all this stuff on my set. I love every version of TPM that I have: Mine, EJ's, Takis', even the Ultimate Edition too (I can look past the faults but I'm still angry that they ****ed it up that bad for a legit release).

I forgot about that,now that I can use those Editing softwares properly I could make a new personnal version...but I lost the MP3's of unreleased music :mrgreen:

K.M.Who may have them somewhere at the end some c.dr Crusher sent.

I also heard KM's version once when he was here... I liked that too. I must say... fan-made every version I've heard is better than the UE.

I sent you a ton of stuff KM. My current TPM set that I listen to is 3 CDRs that contain the Naboo Battles from my version, Takis's version, EJ's version, and the film versions. :mrgreen:

I have all this stuff on my set. I love every version of TPM that I have: Mine, EJ's, Takis', even the Ultimate Edition too (I can look past the faults but I'm still angry that they ****ed it up that bad for a legit release).

Sounds good to me. Trade ya some high quality mp3's for some raw .wav's. (I only need about 2-3 mins worth of misc music). (Or is that kind of thing verboten?)

I'd love to hear your versions.

Hello everyone - my first post here. I'm thinking about compiling a version a la Elvis Jones' instructions. I have the Insiders Guide, but try as I might, i'm not finding where the " Hit The Nose" piece is. Can anyone kindly give a pointer on that? Many thanks in anticipation.

Isn't Hit The Nose somewere on the TPM Ultimate Edition?

Wish it was. According to ElvisJones' site, it's only found on the Insider's Guide CD's. Somewhere.

'Hit the nose' is the short coda at the end of 'Padme meets Anakin', where Jar Jar is stumbling around with a Pit droid.

In 'Star Wars Episode I The Phantom Menace' ,and also on the UE, this short section is edited to be even shorter (around 5 seconds)

The full version (and with 'full' I mean about 10 seconds or so) can be found on the second disc of the Star Wars Episode I Insider's Guide cd-rom.

It is heard during the little pyrotechnics feature. I don't know exactly where, I don't have the cd-rom here. But It's not to difficult to find.

During the clip you first hear 'Battle Plans' (the music when Boss Nass promotes Jar Jar) and then, after that, the complete 'Hit the nose' cue.

Thanks, Oskar! I'll check out that part of the CD-ROM very shortly.

Does anyone have the alternate Duel Of The Fates cues from the Racer game? Still looking for those. I think they're all I have left to add. So close.

BTW, Stefancos, whatever happened to your pal Kira? Don't give up on her just because the show ended 5 yrs ago and has been shamefully neglected in syndication! Nice mug though.

Insider's Guide "Hit the Nose" update: Found, recorded, cleaned up, used. Fits right in at Ultimate edition disc 1, track 19, at 1:10. It only adds an additional 3 second phrase and a cleaner ending, but it's worthwhile. Thanks everybody.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know of an alternative way of getting the music files from the Jedi Power Battles game?

I've tried downloading the PSMPLAY programme from the site specified on ElvisJones' site, but the download link seems to have died a death. :)

I'm currently working on this CD. Went on eBay and bought the OST, JPB, and the Insider's Guide!

The editing is going rather well so far, though the transition from the UE to JPB to the UE again (in terms of sound quality, not the actual edits) is quite jarring (and JPB is supposed to have the best sound quality out of all the games). Ugh, just imagine the Battle of Naboo...

As a side note, there are a few small ways to improve your AotC CD:

- Obtain the track "On the Conveyor Belt," and place it between "The Homestead" and "Love Pledge and The Arena."

- Obtain the extended version of "The Arena" from the Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns CD and edit it in after the Love Pledge part on the AotC CD (a good place to make the edit would be near the beginning, when the music hasn't really picked up yet in intensity).

- There may be unreleased music in the game Bounty Hunter, but I believe this is only during cut-scenes, and there's no easy way to isolate the music from the rest of the sound (plus, you can't exactly pop your GameCube or PS2 disc into your computer and browse through it in Explorer, although I believe there are programs designed for accessing the data in a PS2 disc).

BTW, I ended up acquiring Racer for the missing music tracks, then promptly got rid of it. Ah the sacrifices we must make.

Heh, Racer's not bad; you should have kept it!

The editing is going rather well so far, though the transition from the UE to JPB to the UE again (in terms of sound quality, not the actual edits) is quite jarring

That's interesting. I found little difference between the two. I know there's some, but a little EQ took care of it - try bumping the midrange down a little on JPB. If I remember right, the JPB material was sampled at around 40k, requiring little upsampling. I had the hardest time fixing the other games, especially TPM, which were sampled at 22k. The quality difference there was truly jarring, requiring some serious dehissing. Even after filtering I can still hear the difference, but only if I'm really listening for it. The dehissing made the music go a little flat, but I found it more acceptable than the hiss.

By the way, give all the JPB material a complete listen-through. There are several places where ElvisJones specified one of the other games, but the material was present in better quality in JPB. You'll need more than just tracks 4, 5 and 6. 2 and 3 also had sections that were useful.

Heh, Racer's not bad; you should have kept it!

Nah, not much of a gamer. Just wanted the music! I didn't play the others either, for that matter.

Aw, heck, I'm just going to post it. I modified EJ's cue page with my own notes to keep track of my progress. It has turned into a sort of log. Here it is, so far.