"Hollywood Goes to War" compilation

I was looking at this compilation as a birthday gift for my friend who's into war, war films, and also film music to a certain degree. Does anyone know if the performances are any good? It's the City of Prague Philharmonic, which can give, er . . . questionable peformances at times, to say the least. Keep in mind, my friend isn't a film score afficiando or an audiophile or anything. I just want to make sure the album would be enjoyable for a "normal" person. :)

Ray Barnsbury

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've heard, the performances are very good on those cds. And IMO it's a good selection, especialy for a layman.

Holy crap! Rambo II is on there?! Certainly isn't any kind of memorial compilation to the vets a la SPR.

Uh, being into war just means someone's interested in it, not that they approve or anything. Someone can be into deseases too. What's the problem?

Ray Barnsbury

Uh, being into war just means someone's interested in it, not that they approve or anything.  Someone can be into deseases too.  What's the problem?

Ray Barnsbury

Just the way it was phrased was off-putting. No offense intended on my part.

Yeah I can see how it looks weird, no offense taken. By the way, thanks for the comments Morlock, I'm gonna try to pick this up now.

Ray Barnsbury