No Gandhi OST?

Morlock

I last night saw Gandhi for the first time. It was a great movie, and also had some great music to it. I looked on Amazon.com, and I couldn't find the soundtrack!

Could it be that there's no OST for this movie?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is indeed a fabulous soundtrack release (on RCA records) of the score by George Fenton and Ravi Shankar... It is just extremely rare... I am actually not sure if there is a CD release of it, to be quite honest... K.

Richard attenborough's account of Gandhi's life is certainly a romantic and nice film, but is largely false and makes Gandhi out to be something he was not . In reality, Mohandas Gandhi was a ruthlessly clever and calculating politician who deeply "hated" the British (forget the "when the British leave we will see them off as friends" line in the film). When people read into the history of him (the true history is more widely available in India itself infact), then it becomes clear that Richard Attenborough made a very childish western perspective out of Gandhi's life and made him out to be some kind of messiah. Most Indians know the real history of him (and some if it is very shocking and perverted) so he is not quite as revered in India as the film would have us believe. He also had virtually zero influence in the British leaving India. The British left because they were scaling down the Empire after the enormous damage and costs of WW2 anyway.

So i like the film, for entertainment (and the music), but not for historical fact.

I just like to clear up myths about Gandhi. 8O