The "Proper" Trilogy Scores

robthehand

Now that I have gotten the 4-disc Anthology set, I'm considering doing my own edit for ROTJ and ESB. For ROTJ having music that sounded good from the Anthology set mixed in with the SE. For ESB just having a lot of the cues seperate from one another..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that I have gotten the 4-disc Anthology set, I'm considering doing my own edit for ROTJ and ESB. For ROTJ having music that sounded good from the Anthology set mixed in with the SE. For ESB just having a lot of the cues seperate from one another..

Use the Anthology wherever possible for RotJ, from "Main Title" to "Light of the Force." It always sounds better.

Or you can end one, though an edit, a listenable one, in the middle of the end title fanfare, just before the Rebel fanfare section. (it ends similar to many concert versions and has a feasible clean ending...).

OK, there are a few things I'm still stuck on:

I can't find where the missing bar has been deleted in "The Rebels Escape Again".

The alternate version of Carbon Freeze: I think the alt. section is between 2:39 and 3:20 in SE CD 2 Track 9, but which part is is meant to replace?

I'm also stuck on how to make the alternate version of "The Emperor Arrives" from ROTJ.a