The Brothers Grimm

Panthera

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the film once in the theater, and I don't remember much of the music, but the stuff that I do remember was pretty cool. Not what I expected, but interesting.

I also don't remember the score,so I don't think much of if.

The last non Williams score that had a "oh,I have to buy the c.d." type of impact on me was Sky Captain

k.M.

I saw Sky Captain for the first time over the summer (I rented it), and I remember liking the score, but I've been somewhat hesitant to pick it up... do you like it?

This is a really well written enjoyable score by Dario Marinelli, I highly recommend it, infact it has one JW moment in one of the last tracks with double touging trumpets playing, these are some of the best chase cues I've heard since JW's ROTS and WOTW. The score has a fairly memorable main theme for the brothers, the only complaint is an over use of Brah'ms lullaby, "Go to Sleep" this melody makes sense if you've seen the movie, by the way is very entertaining, the last twenty minutes of the movie are great, it also has a lot of Gilliam visual humor in it. I'm hoping Marinelli will be an up and coming composer, it seems he really took the time to write a musical score.

I saw Sky Captain for the first time over the summer (I rented it), and I remember liking the score, but I've been somewhat hesitant to pick it up... do you like it?

Yes,I play it quite a lot on my ipod.It's one of those occasinnal rare scores that have the JW energy to them.Stargate by David Arnold is another example.

K.M.Who doesn't expect Ed Shearmur to write another one like this.

I only saw the film once but I remember the music being very effective and appropriate. I wanted to see it again but it had left our local theaters within a couple of weeks. It seems to have flopped in the States after a fairly good opening weekend (15 million). It opens in England in December so I will be able to see it on the massive UGC screen in Sheffield when I visit my family for Christmas! It should look and sound awesome in that theater. I believe it's one of the biggest screens in the UK!