Shmi Skywalker and her connection with the Sith.

stewdog1

Just some interesting speculation on my part. If you are the one person who has not seen AOTC yet, please do not read below.

If anyone remembers back in TPM when we saw Anakin's room for the first time to show off C3PO, you can see the ceiling of his room is painted in the same red and black manner that Darth Maul's face was. Everyone thought that Anakin was the one who painted that room and hence showed his connection to the dark side.

Well, well, well. Wasn't I surprised to see the ceiling in the dining area of the Lars homestead was painted in the same way as Anakin's room and Darth Maul's face. This time it was bolder and stood out more. You can see this plane as day when they are sitting around the table with drinks and Lars was telling Anakin what happened.

Anakin had never stepped foot in that house before this movie. Shmi lived there and had undoubtedly painted that ceiling.

Is this a visual clue to something else? An easter egg for no appearant reason? I tend to agree with the former.

I don't think that that painting or mural would be in both places that Shmi lived by coincidence alone. IMO, Shmi is connected to the Sith is some way. I believe that this will be a plot point come the third episode.

I don't think that Shmi is the lovable, sweet mother that we all take her to be. There is much more to her than any of else realize.

Has anyone else noticed this, or am I talking out my backside?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think you make a ver good point. i have seen Attack of the Clones and Phantom Menace several times, however i haven't noticed it. after i read your words i watched that scene on the Phantom Menace dvd and saw what you're talking about, and i may go see Attack of the Clones later on tonight and will definitely look for it. what you're saying thought makes a whole lot of sense to me. i'm not going out on a limb and saying i think you're right, but it sure is thought-provoking. i think that there is going to be a lot revealed about this subject in Episode III. what i have always found troubling is how the Sand People kept her alive. they aren't like that. there was no reason to take her, torture her, and keep her alive. i think there is something else behind it all, and i do believe Anakin will find out in the third one. either way, you make a very good point.

Hate to say it, but I think you're talking out of your backside :) . If you watch A New Hope, the ceiling of the Lars Homestead's dining room is the same as it is in AOTC, and Anakin's Bedroom in TPM. I think Lucas put it in Anakin's bedroom to preserve continuity, like this is how homes are decorated on Tatooine or something, and of course the Lars Homestead was recreated down to the smallest detail for AOTC. Its resemblance to Darth Maul's face is just a huge coincidence. You have a nice bit of speculation, though, but that's all it will end up being.

Looks like I'll have to go watch A New Hope again soon.

I still find it hard to be just coincidence though. Unless Lucas liked that design for Maul's face.

I seriously doubt there's any such meaning in it. I think it would destroy some of the symbolism (there I go again with that!) and meaning of the previous two movies.

NP: On The Conveyer Belt

I don´t think Lucas is that smart.

I´m just kidding, but it´s a very odd piece of clue for us to notice, I´ll be surprised if soemthing like this is revealed in Episode III, though what tpigeon said makes sense, why did the Sand People kept alive Shmi. Why? That is really weird. Could have been a trap made by the Emperor, but we didn´t see any of that in the movie.

Weird... :dontgetit:

There's absolutely no possible way that the ceiling and Darth Maul are linking. Lucas is pretty damn great at storytelling, but he ain't THAT great. He wasn't thinking when he made ANH, "hey, when I make the prequels, I'll link all this together somehow!" Besides, Darth Maul wasn't even his design anyway, it was Doug Chiangs, I think.

It's a pretty cool thought, but as near impossible as you can get, I think.

I agree with Rogue Leader.The only reason the Tuscans kept Shmi alive is for the story and an excuse for Anakin to wipe all of them out and for us to see her die in Anakin's arms.I don't see a :"meaning" or connection with the Sith whatsoever.

K.M.Who noticed there was no talk about Midichlorians in AOTC,wich I think is an idea Lucas decided to drop,wisely.

Yeah, but he shouldn't have brought it up to just drop it in the next movie. He should have either explained them in Ep 2 or not have brought it up in Ep1 at all.