Question to all Classsic FM listeners

bollemanneke

Hello everyone!

I regularly listen to Classic FM and am just enjoying their JW birthday special. However, one thing is driving me crazy, and it's that stupid volume normalisation. Every crescendo is muted and all the quiet pieces are extremely loud. I usually use Internet Explorer and thought the problem was there, so now I am using Googlee Chrome but it keeps happening. Flash Player doesn't allow me to modify any playback settings either.

Is this a problem at their end? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that every radio uses an "intelligent volume" function to assure everything plays at the same level. It prevents the listeners to constantly adjust the volume.

Myself, when I listen music in the bus, I activate this function on my mp3 player, because with all the noise, I don't want to loose the quiet parts... and I don't want to have a heart attack when the louder parts come back...

Is that a function of the radio or the broadcasters? 

Because why, then, do television shows broadcast at a reasonable volume BUT THE COMMERCIALS ARE SO MUCH EFFING LOUDER??? 

I heard some of the John Williams special tonight on my way home, didn't really notice differing sound levels. They played the Jedi Steps and Finale early on and it was awesome!  

17 hours ago, Woj said:

Is that a function of the radio or the broadcasters? 

Because why, then, do television shows broadcast at a reasonable volume BUT THE COMMERCIALS ARE SO MUCH EFFING LOUDER???

Same here. Was watching a broadcast of the 1998 Godzilla friday at near cinema level volume with my younger brother (Arnold's score is awesome, by the way -  can't believe I'd never heard it before!) and the commercials nearly blew us off our socks.