Music in The Mission video documentary

ins

Today, I watched the video documentary about "The Mission" again which can be found here:

Beside the sad fact that they did not re-recorded the brilliant scherzo for today I wonder what music can be heard at 1:19 to 2:09? Does anyone know? Sounds like classic Williams to me but I cannot relate it to any of The Mission parts. But most importantly, is there any clean recording of this particular section available to purchase?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, I watched the video documentary about "The Mission" again which can be found here:

Brian Williams was in the room when they recorded this.

Thank you very much.

Interestingly the version in the video is slightly longer (compare the timings from start to the beginning of the trumpet solo). First, the violins repeat the motif right after the timpani hit; second, we have winds repeating the phrase yet again. In the provided link, right after the timpani hit, it differs. It might be I imaging thinks here, but I have the feeling they sliced this part out. It doesn't "feel" musically right to my ears from a structural point of view. In addition, it's unfortunate because this is the cool Williams stuff I am always happy to hear.

Nevertheless, thank you. I just discovered the Great Performance theme by Williams, which could btw. only be a bit longer, and this one. So a good year with two further things in the pipeline to look forward to ;)

I believe that the version I linked to above is indeed an edit, made by a JWFAN member who may (or may not) wish to elaborate.