You wouldn't believe what just happened...

Mr. Breathmask

All right, let's get straight to the point: I have been reading a lot on these boards about the score from Superman, and the Main Titles in particular. Having never seen the film or heard the score, I didn't know the theme. So, being curious what this was all about, I went over to the nearest search engine and looked around a bit. I came to a site with a lot of JW soundfiles (low-quality, but nice to get an idea of the music from a film). The Prelude and Main Titles didn't work, so I downloaded the End Titles. It starts out calm, so I had it playing in the background for a while, until I heard the drums coming. I was like "Shit, I know this..." and before I knew it, the music took me away, and for a moment, I could see the Man of Steel flying around the city myself. Good god, I love this music! This score's going to the top of my list! Gimme, gimme, gimme! Damn, I almost cried(!) listening to it...

Marc, who's going to put this in his "How John Williams Changed My Life" story...

:music: End Titles from Superman (and again, and again, and again...)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you understand.

Good.

Now do yourself a favor and find a way to listen to the entire score.

Then you'll go from understanding to know

and knowing is half the battle.

and knowing is half the battle.

G.I. JOE!

Seriously, I felt exactly the same way when I got the Superman CD. Absolutely fantastic music. I'll never get tired of the Superman themes.

What was that website?

~Conor

I don't know if this was what he meant, but I found this web site:

http://www.geocities.com/johnwilliams_trib...te/JWmusic.html

It may not be the most comprehensive, but it offered me a pretty good peek into the JW scores I didn't own. Only plays on real player.

What was that website?

~Conor

I don't know if this was what he meant, but I found this web site:

http://www.geocities.com/johnwilliams_trib...te/JWmusic.html

It may not be the most comprehensive, but it offered me a pretty good peek into the JW scores I didn't own. Only plays on real player.

Yep, that's the one.