Film Music Department

KontG

Hi;

I'm a pianist and I'm interested in Film Musics very much and I'm composing works for ochestra but I want to do something about this..... Which school you propose to me or what can I do about this?

Thanks...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi;

I'm a pianist and I'm interested in Film Musics very much and I'm composing works for ochestra but I want to do something about this..... Which school you propose to me or what can I do about this?

Thanks...

Hi,

I think it depends where are you based, I know the Film Institute in London supposed to be really good but it's down to cash and location

Hi;

Thanks...

I went to Berklee in Boston, but I wouldn't recommend it to be honest.

• 3 months later...

I went to Berklee in Boston too and I thought it was great - I learned a lot of skills that have helped me survive professionally in LA, I met a lot of people that have helped me out in the business, and I loved being in Boston for 4 years. Of course, like everything, you get out of it what you put into it.

Don't you really only need some good sample software and a few decent orchestrators?

No, orchestrators don't use samples, so you don't need any good samples if you want to turn all of the orchestration (which means ARRANGING, if you are not able to orchestrate/write for an orchestra yourself) into the hands of others. So either you need good samples and you do most of the work yourself, or you just use crap/average samples and write a piano score which you tell someone else to turn into an orchestral score.