Williams decision to not score new music for AOTC battle?

Pelzter

It would seem to me, that if no new music was written for the parts of AOTC where TPM music was used, that Williams perhaps intended to not have any music at all in these scenes?

--Pelzter

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess: Williams didn't saw an edit with the battle. The film was in constant work untill after the recording sessions were long finished. So I find possible that Williams might have agreed to have the battle tracked with muisc from the previuos film.

i also want to know why the heck that amazing music written for the arena sequence was tossed. that's what really bothers me. in my opinion, the best music on the cd was never in the movie. it wasn't replaced with other music, it was just removed altogether. i have seen the movie enough times to know that it would have worked SO MUCH BETTER with that music than without it.

tpigeon- :) banghead

I completely agree! The Arena is great. I love that theme/motif, whatever you want to call it. I was so disappointed that it got only one rendition in the movie.

Ray Barnsbury

For the scenes with TMP music BEFORE the final battle, I think those were intended to be unscored (Anakin telling Padme about his dream, Dooku talking with Obi-Wan).

For the final battle, I think it was just a matter of the scenes not being finished enough to be scored.

Hopefully they'll take and extra day or two during the Ep. III scoring to correct this problem.

Just my two cents... I remeber writing a post like this days after AOTC came out, and no one beleived me! :):music:

Hopefully they'll take and extra day or two during the Ep. III scoring to correct this problem.

I agree with you wholeheartedly John...I find it very hard to believe that GL and JW wouldn't correct this problem. I mean if ANH is going to be rescored, then why not those parts of AOTC that also need to be rescored? It's obvious that the music that was left out was due to last minute editing, and hopefully by 2005 all the final edits on AOTC will have been made, thus enabling a complete version for final re-scoring!

Have faith in GL...this is an oversight that I strongly believe he will correct!

I also think it would be great if john williams spares a little time in the Ep.III scoring sessions to compose 20 minutes for AOTC. Just for the sake of musical coherence of the saga.

And I think the arena music would work great in the movie, too bad GL didn't agree, I'm sure he had his reasons.

Doubtful. Didn't McCallum say that Johnny composed 125 minutes of music for the movie?

I don't how how reliable he is....

My guess: Williams didn't saw an edit with the battle. The film was in constant work untill after the recording sessions were long finished. So I find possible that Williams might have agreed to have the battle tracked with muisc from the previuos film.

That's a plot hole. He could have just composed some music for it and they could have edited that!

Don't see any reason for him to lie, but whatever...

I, too, agree that the Arena music on the CD is phenomenal. One of the best action sets Williams has done in years.