R.I.P. Peter Brock

Dean1700

Peter Brock, the Australian motor racing legend was killed today when his racing car slammed into a tree in Western Australia after he lost control on a wet road. He was 61. He was the record nine times champion of the Bathurst 1000 and as such he was called The King Of The Mountain. He was also an advocate for safe driving. He was a true legend and he will be missed.

Two champion aussie blokes in 5 days. This is too tragic. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Goodbye Steve, Goodbye Peter.

Long live the "King of the Mountain" Long live Holden 05.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbelievable. Brocky!!! I was never a racing fan, but I've grown up with his face on the TV - with all his ads, often with his wife.

This won't generate the same kind of shocking reaction around the world, but we Aussies are feeling pretty down at the moment.

Unbelievable. Brocky!!! I was never a racing fan, but I've grown up with his face on the TV - with all his ads, often with his wife.

This won't generate the same kind of shocking reaction around the world, but we Aussies are feeling pretty down at the moment.

Damn straight we are.

Brocky...legend...Holden driver extraordinaire!  The General will miss ya buddy.  You're in good company with Steve Irwin and Colin Thiele...they'll look after you mate, when St. Peter asks for your credentials.

Colin Thiele? When? How?

Watch who you say the "i" word around, Doc.

Huh ??? "i" ...please explain ???

Oh...now I get it...you think I have insulted Peter Brock...you are very, very wrong. You don't understand... the "Lion roaring" refers to the Holden automotive brand. Jedimaster meant that the Holden brand will still be roaring around the racetrack regardless of who is at the controls.

And a word of advice...the only dead I insult are the likes of Hitler, etc...

No, no, no, no, no. What I meant was not to use the word indeed around Stefancos, since he has a trademark on it. It was a joke, bud.