Listen to Pan's Labyrinth Online

BLUMENKOHL

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's one prominent spanish composer. He started his film career collaborating with Alberto Iglesias.

Very dark and atmospheric music with interesting themes, most of the times. He scored Del Toro's previous spanish movie, "El Espinazo del Diablo", which was Navarrete's most well-known score to date.

It's not bad actually.I'm interested enough to let it play.

Speaking of Spanish composers,I have Star Knight by Jose Nieto which I enjoy.

K.M.

He's one prominent spanish composer. He started his film career collaborating with Alberto Iglesias.

Very dark and atmospheric music with interesting themes, most of the times. He scored Del Toro's previous spanish movie, "El Espinazo del Diablo", which was Navarrete's most well-known score to date.

Are you talking about The Devil's Backbone?

Rabbit--who is in his second year of Spanish :music:

Oh, yeah. I didn't know how to say "espinazo" (backbone) in English (not a word you use in your daily conversations).

¡Suerte con el español!

t's not bad actually.I'm interested enough to let it play.

Yeah, I think the same. I'm not THAT excited about the score (as everyone seems to be.

Speaking of Spanish composers,I have Star Knight by Jose Nieto which I enjoy.

A nice score (Nieto's first symphonic work) for one of those crappy B-movies of the 80's. He's done much better music in the 90's ("Celos", "El Perro del Hortelano" or "Juana La Loca" to name a few).

I'm glad you made this topic. I told people that it was online in another topic, but not many people read it. It really does deserve a topic of its own. I just saw the movie and it deserves all the good reviews. Go see it!

the first cue almost reminds me of Danny Elfmans theme to "Point Pleasant," or the theme "Rosemary's Baby"...excpet with a James Newton Howard touch and not evil lol

And sounds french...heh pretty

What orchestra is performing this? I know there's a bit of synth in it too... but do we know what orchestra this is? it's a little... messy at times... too much noise or little things...nothing big... I've been wondering about this score but I may get it now.

Some of the segments are almost remincient of Jerry Goldsmith's "Legend" too...

cool...I'm liking this. It's startlingly different but yet has allthe good nuances that made scores like it before so good.

Listening to it more, I'm beginning to decipher what I think is wrong...

The balance...everything is so loud and live...and present...

It might have been worth while to let some things be tuned down and have some softer recordings.

Dynamics really.

But it may just be how it was transfered to the site and not how it was performed...or maybe some sort of editing latter on. But it kind of bothers me lol...