Williams in concert with the L.A. Phil

TownerFan

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read yesterday in an SCL (www.thescl.com) email that the concert is Sold Out already. The tickets won't go on sale to the public... :(

The SCL pre-ordered a few tickets for its members; they were all gone in less than 24 hours... See this quote from their second email:

THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT -- No tickets available from the SCL, and we have been informed by the L.A. Philharmonic that no tickets are available from the L.A. Philharmonic -- they are sold out, tickets will not go on sale to the general public as there are no more tickets. If any become available, we will let you know.

That sucks!

Hellgi

I read yesterday in an SCL (www.thescl.com) email that the concert is Sold Out already. The tickets won't go on sale to the public... :(

Ugh! What a bummer. Well, I'll try on Sunday anyway, but I won't get my hopes up :blink:

Ugh! What a bummer. Well, I'll try on Sunday anyway, but I won't get my hopes up :blink:

I'll go check too to make sure...

The hall is about 2300 seats... and it got sold out in less than a week? Something's up!

Perhaps this is a bit spoiled of me to say, but I hope he does this concert again in New York. It was one of the best concert experiences in my life, and I've been to a lot. There's just no comparing a performance like this, especially when he topped it off with conducting the entire 15 minute finale of E.T. to the actual film. I've never seen so many people cry at a concert before. He had almost everyone in tears, and weeping aloud.

Tim

Yep, I checked at 10 am (when tickets went on sale to the public), and it appears to be sold out already. Boo!

Here's to hoping they add another date someday :)

Darn. With all those concerts on the west coast, I hope he'll still have time and energy to do his yearly spring concerts in Boston.

I'm hoping for a big Williams 75th celebration with lots of earlier pieces.