Intrada's Next CD...

robthehand

From "Doug's Corner" --

Stop the presses! News flash! Nope, world peace isn't at hand, just the arrival of Volume 39 of our Special Collection.

Yep, more David Shire. But it's a twofer so you'll find another composer represented on the other half of the CD as well. We're talking someone with multiple Oscars and various other awards up the wazoo - so I don't want him to read this and feel neglected!

A proper announcement comes up Monday the 12th, around 5:15 our time, which is usually the end of our workday. We'll start shipping orders out Tuesday morning. Or that afternoon if none of us get in before lunchtime! (Actually I'm always out to lunch but Jeff's usually here early so don't worry.)

We don't expect this one to set the world on fire - nor establish world peace... we should be so lucky! But our license is for just 1200 copies so don't put things off too long if you find it to your liking.

There are quite a few people it could be (JW included), but I'm hoping for one of the John's - Williams or Barry. Though that last paragraph suggests it's nothing too big...

Any ideas?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Doug said elsewhere that apart from Amazing Stories Anthology 3 they have nothing Williams-related on the plate.

As far as I am concerned, my guess is that this second score will be either from Jarre, Barry or Legrand. These three not only won multiple oscars and other awards but are still alive (as the clue suggests) and any of their scores would be perfect stylistic accompaniments to anything from Shire.

Indeed, Williams is in unlikely. Unlikely that Intrada have gotten their hands on anything of his to release, and unlikely that he would be the second composer represented on a CD (he would headline it, if anything)

I'm not too concerned about it being Williams, but there are a bunch of other goodies I'm hoping it might be.

And it's not Spartacus or El Cid, apparently.

But there must be hundreds of brassy 1960s scores. ;)