Editing Certain Williams Motifs into some sort of 'concert' arrangement

Quintus

Has anyone tried it?

Sometimes a really good theme used here and there throughout a film doesn't get the justice it deserves as a standalone listen and I often wish there were concert arrangements of it, like The Imperial March for instance.

The thing that made me post this was the Federation March from TPM, as I've just been listening to snippets of it. Because thats all we have. Its a shame, because its a superbly sinister and grand theme which should've been given the full treatment, but sadly didn't.

There are plenty of other themes which I'd love to hear full arrangements of: Superman's 'Kent Family Theme' being one of them.

I know its difficult to do with decent success, but has anyone dabbled?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to try to make a Window to the Past (POA)concert arrangement,using the OST track + the ending from the Finale,to approximate the real concert version.It doesn't work.

also I made a "Theme from Munich",using the opening of Track 1+ part of Remembering Munich+Thoughts of Home.Or just placing the vocal solo of Track 1 before Remembering Munich seems to work better as a theme.

I also made a "Diagon Alley concert version" using OST+Evening at Pops performance+fanfare ending from bootleg recording.That came out pretty good.

the problem is often in different tracks the tempo is slightly different and orchestrations different so transitions are jarring...

That's the thing about using recordings from different time periods, recording studios, ensembles, and/or conductors...you end up with very noticeable edits. :(

That's an interesting idea, TheGreatEye...I think I remember someone on this board trying that, but I can't remember who, unfortunately.

There's a fellow (forgot his name) who made several Star Wars prequel suites, including a suite of Qui-Gon's theme.