Weird question

Pieter Boelen

There is a Dutch translation of a scene from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest on Youtube: http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=R8oDxizjsJo

Does anyone know if this was actually officially released to cinemas or on DVD? I wonder because the Dutch dialog is there, but so is the music and the sound effects. It most likely is some sort of home-made translation, but if that is the case I want to know how they managed to replace the voices without losing the sound effects and music. Is it possible to somehow dial out the voices? Would it be possible to dial out sound effects as well, leaving only the music? Of course it isn't; otherwise we'd know about it. But I do wonder how they did it. :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno...but it is often possible to "dial out sound effects," though. Just rip the audio from the rear channels (and sometimes the front side ones, too). In some cases, there are few or no sound effects, and rarely is there dialogue except in crowd scenes.

That dialogue is truly horrendously mixed - far too loud and 'closed' sounding. I don't see why it couldn't be done more properly - as Marc said, removing the centre channel is usually enough to eliminate dialogue.