QTraxx goes online tonight

Vaderbait1

Has anyone heard about this new P2P program? I just saw it on Drudge and was reading about it, this is pretty amazing. I'm surprised I haven't heard of this before. EMI is the most recent company to jump on board with it. I was posting it here because I was wondering, if you know anything about QTraxx, are any of the major record labels owners of any film score companies?

ANd on a side note, is there a catch to this seemingly to-good-to-be-true program?

For this in the dark, it's a totally free and totally legal p2p (because it was created by the very same record labels that have been suing everyone) with supposedly high quality mp3s of over 25 million songs. I don't know, I was pretty surprised by this so I'm assuming there's some sort of catch.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ANd on a side note, is there a catch to this seemingly to-good-to-be-true program?

Well, as of right now, the tracks don't play on iPods.

Oh noes, how will the self-absorbed hipster douchebags I see on trains and buses find free music for their fashion accessor...er I mean, mp3 players now?!

Any news on if QTraxx caters to those of us with classical/soundtrack music tastes?

Yes. DRM-infested crap and therefore absolutely useless for me. Buying the music is probably cheaper than buying a Windows or Mac system just to be able to play this stuff.

I'll be downloading this, mainly because I'm curious whether this thing will really work.

I think it's a great idea in principle but will these thick-headed cretins ever get the message that DRM is the worst invention of the digital age?