Review of Sound of Star Wars 2 DVD.. (read this)

I just watched the Episode 2 DVD, which is getting kudos all around for its sound design, and let me tell you -- Lucas seems to have switched foreground and background on this one, because (at least on my 5.1 setup) in great contrast to the theaterical release where the score was barely audible, here the score took precedence over sound effects.

That's right, the score is beautifully loud where it should be, and in the soft part it's clearly not only audible but discernable and -- could it be? -- CLOSER than the other audio.

Talk to y'all soon!

NOSPAM*RupyReds@aol.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also read that the Arena Music that didn't end up in the cd is quite used in the Geonosis menus, which I guess is better than nothing.

Sorry, I meant the Arena music that DID end up in the cd but not in the movie (track 12).

the edits probably won't be "crystal" clear because there's usually gonna be some sound effect or dialogue there to drown out the effect of the music edits. there are many exceptions, of which the biggest is that ATROCIOUS edit made the the Duel of the Fates quote in AOTC. how low can you go? i mean really!

Ted

According to the first post in this thread, you CAN hear the music very well over the sound effects.

And extract them!  :mrgreen:

But the sound effects are still there. And many of them are in the rear channels. I don't think you'll find a lot of extractable music.

:angry: Henry V (Patrick Doyle)