Have you ever sampled something from a JW soundtrack and used it in your own piece?

Eric_JWFAN

I did just that (hope I don't get into any trouble!)

Let's see if anyone can figure out what I ripped. It's somewhere wiithin 2:20 and 2:30 of this clip.

http://www.vimeo.com/671452

The audio compression kind of makes it hard to hear, but maybe someone out there can figure it out.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool song! Did you use the snare drums from Hook or Temple of Doom?

Great ear Nemesis. 2:24 it's the snare drum from Temple of Doom (Parade of the Slave Children).

I don't think you will find yourself in court anytime soon for borrowing a snare drum riff. :happybday:

I hope not... As far as those snare hits, I spent hours trying to make my own articulation just like on the TOD soundtrack, but it just didn't happen. So I said screw it and just recorded it directly from the CD.

It's a snare and field drum in unison. That will give you the punchy sound you are looking for.

Copying a generic rythym is ok, "sampling" is not so ok.. :P

It's a snare and field drum in unison. That will give you the punchy sound you are looking for.

Ahh, didn't realize it used a field drum. I'm not even sure I have a field drum in either of my orchestral libraries but I'll have to check!