My REAL take on the 'HP/COS CD Reviews' Issue

Ricard

OF COURSE you can post your opinions on the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets CD. OF COURSE.

The message I posted saying otherwise was aimed at those who seem to believe that we can't review the CD since it hasn't been officially released on disk. My message was expressly absurd, as absurd as the posts that were in the origin of it.

A week ago, AOL released a high-quality streaming version of the Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets CD, and since then thousands of people around the World have expressed their opinions and have reviewed the CD at the different film music and Harry Potter forums and discussion lists.

Needless to say, the high-quality version of the album that we'll get on November 12 will help to provide more accurate appreciations of the music heard on the CD, but what AOL is now offering is more than enough to express your first opinions on the CD and post them as reviews. And I'm sure that some of those reviews will be more serious and accurate than many of the articles that will appear on other sites when the CD is released.

I'm not pissed off at anyone, I just think that saying that people can't review the CD because they don't have a pressed copy of it in their CD player is just plain silly.

It would be like saying that those who haven't seen theatrical movies in the theater can not review them because they haven't seen the actual FILM projection. Or dismissing John Takis' excellent article about the music of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom because it features an in-depth analysis of music that has never been released on CD for the most part. A film is not its celluloid but the movie it contains, just like a CD is not a disk, but its music.

Sorry about the inconvenience that my 'expressly absurd' message may have caused, and thanks for your patience :(

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off course those commrents I made were silly, just as silly about you asking for reviews for a CD, since none have been released yet.

I must congratulate you of having totally confused me, which is not easy to do.

I have only heard a few minutes of the COS score, and I liked what I heard, but i liked those fake COS clips you put up even more.

Stefancos- LOL

Like I said, I will wait to post a review until I have the actual cd, that doesn't mean I won't enjoy reading the other posts, even if I do believe they are somewhat premature.

With my connection problems at the house I wouldn't even attempt to listen to it at home, and it is against the rules at work. So I just downloaded the necessary software and listened one time and then removed the software. I wont try it again, since I can get written up for it.

Even Harry isn't worth getting written up over.

Joe, looking forward to Merkels review, and Ricards musings as well, you will give us more than you like it better that Sorcerer's stone won't you?

yes, joe, i agree with you. though i understand completely where Ricard is coming from. i'm saving my review till i have the cd as well. but then again, i've stopped listening to it until i see the movie, so that won't be for a while. hopefully, i can "forget" what i've heard and discover it again during the movie, where it is intended to be heard.

Ted

nah, a cd's a cd.

The stream for me is clear enough to pass judgement. I mean heck, it's from the cd. Why couldn't people who go to sneak peak screenings give their reviews. AOL just posted a feed for thousands to listen to.

I like it and have no problem reading other's review. Just because we can hear it online doesn't mean people haven't listened to it WAY to much to be safe.

All we'll get from the c.d. is a slightly clearer hearing of certain instruments,less hiss,whatever.The AOL streaming version is good enough to make an opinion.

K.M.Wondering how Stefancos can make ANY comments on the music if he only heard "a few minutes" of it...

I do not believe i've made ANY comments about the COS score other then saying I liked those few minutes i heard.

Stefancos- wondering about KM's memory.

i hope it's not only the first track,one of the weakest of the album,with somewhat akward transitions and some odd choice of themes from the first movie.Go listen to "Fawkes is Reborn",38 min or so in the album,that or track 2.

k.M.