RoboCop

JoeinAR

I forgot just how much fun this film is.

And it features an incredible score by Basil P.

I also forgot it was filmed in Dallas, TX.

Nancy Allen and Peter Weller were quite good.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that a record company, maybe it was Varese, was going to release a Deluxe Edition of the score soon. Hopefully it will be by the end of the year and let's all pray that it gets some fantastic remasterring job.

It really is a very good film. The sequels seem to have lost the focus. RoboCop is not an action film, but really a parody (so is Verhoeven's Starship Troopers but that's for another thread). It is a great deal of fun.

Neil

RoboCop had Verhoeven at the top of his game, plus it had some very interesting things to say about humanity and society. What happened in the sequels is a tragedy for such a great concept.

Robo 2 also shows that the secret to TESB's success wasn't Irvin Kershner, but the excellent material he had to work with (script, production, design, etc.). He didn't have the same luck with this sequel, which I thought was atrocious until I gave in and saw Robo 3...

I'll be the first to buy an expanded score; I was never satisfied with the treatment given to the original release.

:sigh: I've heard from some people who work in media businesses that TESB isn't directed that well compared to ANH, poor attention to things like angles, lighting and detail, it merely had the best script.