E.T. DVD - Questions... and a John Williams Easter Egg ????

Greggeth

1. Did i see someone mention something about a John Williams Easter Egg on the E.T. DVD? If so, please let me know how to get there.

2. Has anyone found any other Easter Eggs on E.T.?

3. The DVD cover mentions a John Williams featurette about his long career with Spielberg, but I've got the DVD and I don't see anything of the sort. please advise.

Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.  The DVD cover mentions a John Williams featurette about his long career with Spielberg, but I've got the DVD and I don't see anything of the sort.  please advise.

It's only in the 3DVD set. There's been a lot confusion and misinformation about the specs, and this includes incorrect infos on the DVD packaging.

Best read the other thread about the E.T. DVDs on this board to clear things up.

:sigh: Nino Rota film music compilation

I haven't been able to find any easter-egg in my Region 2 E.T. DVD.

scissorhands - who is sure Marian hasn't bought the DVD, because it DOES have the short docummentary (10 minutes) about John Williams (showing the theme for the first time to Spielberg twenty years ago, the recording sessions, etc.)

scissorhands - who is sure Marian hasn't bought the DVD, because it DOES have the short docummentary (10 minutes) about John Williams (showing the theme for the first time to Spielberg twenty years ago, the recording sessions, etc.)

Hmm, perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've read that the 2 disc version doesn't have one of the Williams featurettes - but perhaps it's different with the European release.

Marian - who does indeed not yet have the DVD. :sigh:

Hi,

I bought the boxed set and disc three (bonus features) has an incredible featurette on the recording of the score. It shows many clips of Williams conducting and, most amazing of all, John sitting at the piano playing themes for Spielberg! Some very funny moments with Spielberg walking around filming the scoring session... The maestro tells the orchestra not to pay attention to "Steven and his camera" and further comments that it's like having someone filming you in your bathroom while your taking a shower. He concludes with "Thank God I'm dressed"!

I love watching Steven's excitement at the recording sessions. He genuinely loves the maestro's contribution to his films.

Marvelous stuff and well worth the extra bucks.

Excellent work people. Excellent.

Thanks for the help! i'm even more convinced i "need" the 3-disc set. : )

P.S. I first saw E.T. with a friend about 2 weeks before it was first released in theatres. all we knew about it was that it was Directed by Spielberg and music was by Williams, but that's all we needed to know. It was the best way to see this movie. we were no idea what we were in for... it was awesome! I'm buying the 3 DVD set for her too. can't wait to see her face. :angry:

How much is the 3 disc set in the states? Not Neil's, because he cheated... getting the 3 disc set for $3 more than I got the 2 disc set (CHEATER!!!)... how much is it normally?

How much is the 3 disc set in the states? Not Neil's, because he cheated... getting the 3 disc set for $3 more than I got the 2 disc set (CHEATER!!!)... how much is it normally?

Morn cheats, I'm savvy.

Neil