1941 dvd price drop

JoeinAR

According to Steve Awalt's most excellent www.spielbergfilms.com

Universal has slashed the price of this dvd.

John Williams fans, this is a dvd, that I want, and may be a must.

It is one of the few dvd's with an isolated JW score(Superman is the other).

Chris Crusher is a good source on the sound quality and any other technical questions, but it is much more affordable, about the same as a dvd, and it is the complete score. Not a great film, but a fun film, that has been overly panned. Give it a chance.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and it is the complete score

There is music on the soundtrack album that is not used in the film. And the Jaws music at the start of the film is literally tracked in from the original Jaws soundtrack.

Neil

I'm pretty sure there is no Euro release.

Good point. :P Even if there were a Euro release with an iso score, the score would be 4% too fast, so you'd have to slow it down, losing some quality...

Stefancos- who thinks Marian should get the DVD and the soundtrack CD.

Marian - who thinks Stefan should send him lots of money. :)

I bought the DVD for the original $35!

Although it was worth it.

It's the only Spielberg Doc I've seen that everyone agrees and deals with how bad the movie is (Unlike JP2 :roll: ), which makes it very entertaining.

Spielberg admits that the march is his favorite, even more than the Raiders' march!

Anyway, I got it mainly for the iso, which is really great. I especialy love 'Swing, Swing, Swing', which, although it's supposed to be a spoof on benny Goodman's piece, IMO surpasses thr original.

It was worth the $34:99, it's definatly worth the $14:99.

It is one of the few dvd's with an isolated JW score(Superman is the other).

There is also The Witches of Eastwick, which i found for $9.99 at Blockbuster. and i agree that though 1941 may not be a great movie, it is a heck of a lot of fun and it does have its moments. I love the bar scene, both the musical number and the brawl.

Ted, who still laughes incredibly hard at the line, "I can assure you, there will be no bombs dropped here," as the bomb is rolling up behind him.

I'm kind of puzzled by this $35.00 price that some of you have mentioned.

I bought the DVD over a year ago at Best Buy for 19.99 unless it was marked wrong. I agree that it was an underrated film and had some very funny moments. As for Williams' score... it's also one of his most neglected. I laugh out loud when I think how much better his Swing, Swing, Swing is than Sing, Sing, Sing! He out Coplands Copland in the "The Cowboys" and out Primas Prima in "1941"!

You probably got it marked wrong, one of my 2 bestbuys in town has it at 27.00, yikes.

Hmmm,even if the set is now 20$ U.S.,that's still 35-40$ canadian.Stupid exchange rate.The Fury deluxe c.d. 2 c.d. set cost me over 50 $ cdn with the shipping. :)

K.M.