What film will be the boxoffice champ this holiday season?

JoeinAR

Who will be the boxoffice champ. Christmas 2002?  

23 members have voted

1. 1.

• Femme Fatale
    • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
    • Treasure Planet
    • Die Another Day
    • Solaris
    • Star Trek X, Nemesis
    • Lord of the Rings, the Two Towers
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • Gangs of New York
    • Santa Claus 2

With so many films coming out some film will walk away boxoffice champion. Summer was Spidey, last Christmas it was HP barely over LOTR/FOTR. Will it be again, or will someone else be the champ.

Here are 11 films that have a great cast, and or director, or are continuing films in a series of films. On is a Disney cartoon, that looks phenomenal.

I personally want to see 7 of the 11, no pun intended.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One is a Disney cartoon, that looks phenomenal.

i agree with you on that one. Treasure Planet looks very neat and visually stunning. and if the score is anything like Howard's recent work for Disney (Dinosaur and Atlantis), it's sure to be amazing. personally, i want to see Potter very much, Bond looks decent, Solaris intrigues me as well. I can't wait for Gangs and Catch Me. and of course, Two Towers. I also wanna see Analyze That. but i'll end up seeing probably all of them, minus the Santa Cluase 2, because i'll have to review them all most likely.

Ted, who voted for The Two Towers

I look forward to Harry Potter.The trailers look great. at the very least.

As for The Two Towers,this is not as straghtforward storytelling as FotR,and things get somewhat complicated at this stage of the book when the fellowship is broken up...I don't think it will have as much sucess or mass appeal as the first part.At least for me it was the most tedious part of the books to read.

K.M.

Just for the record Femme Fatale is Brian DePalma, with Antonio Bandaras.

Solaris is a ghost/space film with George Clooney, dir. by Steven Soderberg(spel?). I think the rest are self explanetory

By the way Solaris is using some really good music in the trailer. Don't know what it is but I do like it alot.

The 4 films on this list I don't have a strong desire to see are Solaris, Santa Claus 2, TTT, and Analyze That.

That's the dude who makes movies that flop all the time :roll:(Banderas,not De Palma)

Solaris,great,a ghost spaceship thing just now that we already have a ghost real ship movie(called Ghost Ship just to make sure we know what to expect..)....count me out of both.

K.M.

That's the dude who makes movies that flop all the time :roll:(Banderas,not De Palma)

Solaris,great,a ghost spaceship thing just now that we already have a ghost real ship movie(called Ghost Ship just to make sure we know what to expect..)....count me out of both.

K.M.

not a ghost ship, KM, but a love story set in space, NOT a HORROR film, but apparently a serious scifi drama.

And Banderas did have several hits, Spy Kids, 1 and 2, and Mask of Zorro.

not a ghost ship, KM, but a love story set in space,  NOT a HORROR film, but apparently a serious scifi drama.

What,like "Ghost" with Demi Moore and whathisname set on a spaceship?Sort of like "Ghost in Space".Count me out also. ROTFLMAO

K.M.

Hmm, FOTR was basically an either love it or hate it thing. HP is more a everyone thinks it's good and some think it's great. Also, I think HP has more general appeal. However, more people thought FOTR was great than HP.

It will be Harry Potter, as every child in the world will see it at least once (as well as many, many, many adults) with the next Lord of the Rings installment once again playing second fiddle.