Merlin

bigjimwilson

Anyone catch this on BBC1 last night? I only saw part of it..... thought it looked a bit rubbish to be honest...... but the music caught my ear. Bit "bigger" sounding than I was expecting for a tea time BBC series. But then again, I suppose Doctor Who is now pretty huge sounding. And I have no idea what the music was like for Robin Hood.

Anyway.... i'm getting off my point. Which was........ I spotted a fair few bits in the score that were lifted pretty much directly from Lord Of The Rings. And then, bizarrely, I noticed a little part taken right out of "Parade Of The Ewoks." Someone's been a bit cheeky!!!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Trevor Jones composed the score, which was performed by the LSO and is still available from Varese Sarabande as A Web Exclusive.

That's the wrong "Merlin" - the one you refer to is THIS ONE with Sam Neill.....this thread is about the new BBC production HERE - which I did catch some of but need to give it a little more attention....the BBC's music for these grander-scale productions tends to be just as grand-scale...

Yes, sorry. I should have specified which Merlin I was talking about! It is infact the new BBC TV series that has been naughty and pilfered from Shore and Williams!! :o

I'd love to get some clips and show you what I'm on about. If I have time, I might try and grab some bits off iPlayer.

I think one of our networks (NBC?) has agreed to show this later in the year. I've been curious about it ever since the trailer popped up a month or so ago. I can't find info on who did the music, though.

Trevor Jones composed the score, which was performed by the LSO and is still available from Varese Sarabande as A Web Exclusive.

That's the wrong "Merlin" - the one you refer to is THIS ONE with Sam Neill.....this thread is about the new BBC production HERE

Whoops, sorry. :D

Incidentally - Trevor Jones' score for that other miniseries IS actually pretty good stuff.....and worth seeking out for anyone who might browse this thread and not come across it :D

I watched it last night. John Hurt provides the voice of the dragon. Didn't look too good at the start and the acting was as wooden as ever but the production value was top-notch.