Anyone else know about this "new" vinyl edition of EMPIRE OF THE SUN released by Warner Bros?
Award Winning Soundtrack On Double LP!
Three Sides of Music For Superior Sound Quality!
Pressed On Red Vinyl!
A film directed by Steven Spielberg, Empire of The Sun was released in 1987. The score was composed by John Williams and won the BAFTA Award for Best Film Music. The soundtrack was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Score, the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Score, and the Grammy Award for Best Score Soundtrack for Visual Media.
The film was an epic coming-of-age-war film starring Christian Bale, John Malkovich, Miranda Richardson, and Nigel Havers. The film follows a young boy named Jamie "Jim" Graham who goes from living a wealthy life to becoming a prisoner of war in a Japanese internment camp during World War II. Features:
• Double LP
• Red Vinyl
• Music on 3 sides for superior sound quality
• First time on vinyl in decades
• Winner of the 1988 BAFTA award for Film Music Selections:
1. Suo Gan - Performed by The Ambrosian Junior Choir directed by John McCarthy, Soloist: James Rainbird
2. Cadillac Of The Skies
3. Jim's New Life
4. Lost In The Crowd
5. Imaginary Air Battle Side Two:
6. The Return To The City
7. Liberation: Exsultate Justi
8. The British Grenadiers
9. Toy Planes, Home And Hearth (Chopin Mazurka Opus 17 No. 4) Side Three:
1. The Streets Of Shanghai
2. The Pheasant Hunt
3. No Road Home / Seeing The Bomb
4. Exsultate Justi