Star Trek Nemesis DVD available May 13th

JoeinAR

Star Treks biggest dud at the Boxoffice will be available on May 13 on DVD.

www.trektoday.com

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So soon, eh? Good. I honestly don't see why people had so many problems with it, I found it very good, a bit in the vein of Khan (though of course not that great :P)

:sigh: Catch Me If You Can

Ohh well, here's hoping for Trek 12.  :sigh:

shouldn't there be a Star Trek 11 first Morn?

Same here, i'd love to see the space station on the big screen, not to mention hearing the theme performed by a large orchestra.

Offcourse this will never happen.

Stefancos- testing new new subwoofer with CALL OF THE CHAMPIONS. :)

Same here, i'd love to see the space station on the big screen, not to mention hearing the theme performed by a large orchestra.

But without that annoying "dum-dum-dum-dum" thingy they added in a later season! :)

Marian - who doesn't use his subwoofer for CD playback.

But without that annoying "dum-dum-dum-dum" thingy they added in a later season!  :)

It's not to bad, but the Season 1 - 3 version of the theme is sooo good, my fav Star Trek TV theme ever.

Marian - who doesn't use his subwoofer for CD playback.

Why not?

Stefancos- pissing of the neighbors. 8O

It's not to bad, but the Season 1 - 3 version of the theme is sooo good, my fav Star Trek TV theme ever.

The original version is very nice, yes.

Why not?

A well-adjusted subwoofer is barely audible (you should only really notice it when it's NOT there). Which means its support for music would probably be minimal. Plus, mine's music quality probably is no match for my stereo speakers, and I would have to disconnect it from my amp's .1 output and connect it directly to the stereo outs to use it with analogue (i.e. CD) sources (I could listen to CDs digitally, but the analogue connection sounds much better here).

Marian - who will now listen to his Mike Oldfield DVD, with subwoofer. :)

Ohh well, here's hoping for Trek 12.  ;)

shouldn't there be a Star Trek 11 first Morn?

But it's odd numbered and therefore cursed. :|

There simply should be a Star Trek DS9 next

But how, Sisko is dead and the war is over.

But without that annoying "dum-dum-dum-dum" thingy they added in a later season!

Hey, I like that much! :) Makes the piece much more energetic.

There simply should be a Star Trek DS9 next

Sisko's not dead, he's in training with the Prophets.

I actually thought about you when typing this.

I considered a SPOILER warning, but since I did not type anything Joe and Morn already said before, i figured it did not make much difference.

Off course you should have seen the last season years ago, so it's really yor own fault.

You do know that Bashir died in the final episode, don't you?

Stefancos- :devil:

I actually thought about you when typing this.

I considered a SPOILER warning, but since I did not type anything Joe and Morn already said before, i figured it did not make much difference.

Off course you should have seen the last season years ago, so it's really yor own fault.

You do know that Bashir died in the final episode, don't you?

Stefancos-  :devil:

Sorry I didn't think of spoilers but since Stefan said,

Bashir died quite noblely, though how is something you have to see to believe.

Strangled by Quark, I presume.

Marian -  :devil:

No thats how Odo killed Quark, stangled him.

Training with the... shoot.

Let's all remember all the times the prophates made major appearances. not many huh? And how ofter were they the same character, if not just being played by the shows characters?

I feel showing Sisko again just cheapens his heoric death.

Kira can't make the transition to movie actor, she barely held tv actgor (sorry stefan) and the show runs low on plot lines good enough for a movie, the last thing we need to do is see more war on the show. I saw enough, just s tupid excuss to rake in box office money with special effects of ships blowing up just because Nemesis failed and you know what? They would probably do it too! But i can allmost say without a doubt the next one will be another TNG movie, as for after that... the stars are the limit. :)

:devil:ROTFLMAOROTFLMAO:wave: :spiny:

Morn, Sisko is NOT dead.

It's like Joe said, the Emmisary still has many tasks to perform, and is training for them.

stefancos- wondering if Morn even paid attention.  :roll:

I haven't seen season 7 since it was first out. :spiny: And saw it only once.

So what, when I saw it the first time i had no trouble understanding that Sisko was NOT dead.

Stefancos- who thinks Morn just glanced at the TV a few time, whilst sitting before his PC, waiting for a download to finish. :spiny:

Err, you never asked. :spiny: I'd have happily provided it to you.

I know SVCD is better, yet avi is better when you have a download limit. ROTFLMAO

It's 25GB a month though, that's not bad, bandwidth is like oil or gold here in Australia. :spiny: Too low population to pay for the billion dollar cables that connect undersea to the USA compared to say europe.

So I'm a little late to the conversation, oh well.

Sisko's not dead, he just no longer exists in the normal linear plane of the universe. Politely correct me if I'm wrong, Stefancos, but as I understand it, the Prophets exist in this noncorporeal, nonlinear timeframe where they just watch over the Bajorans, act as gods, monitor the wormhole, and for now are teaching Ben Sisko, their "Emissary," in their ways. However, he's not dead, since he did tell Kasidy and Jake (one directly and the other indirectly, it's been a year since I've seen WYLB) that he'd basically back. It's my opinion that the Prophets can just drop Sisko off at whatever point in time or space they want, as if he were just ripped out of our existence to a point where time and space have no real meaning and can therefore come back in like it doesn't mean anything. Kinda like what Q can do, only the Prophets aren't bastards with sick senses of humor (and I mean that with the utmost respect, Q, you rock!)

As for the Dominion War being over, yes, that does pose a problem for the story arc of DS9 since it accomplished what it set out do, save the Alpha Quadrant. What happens to the Dominion once they get home could be interesting, since now the other worlds in their clutches would get the idea that they could also resist the Dominion and Jem'Hadar troops, and total revolution would ensue in the Gamma Quadrant. True, that probably won't make for a profitable movie, but I'd watch it.

I agree that there should be a DS9 movie just to wrap up the loose ends with the characters and bring back Sisko with a new lease on life, but as for what the point of the movie would be, I can't think of anything that would have less "so what, that's it?" factor after seeing something like Kirk's death in Generations to close out seven great years of TNG. If they can't make an awesome DS9 movie, probably better to not even try.

The official announcement has come and the disc will be out May 20. Here are the details, courtesy of DVDFile:

Available in both 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen and full screen transfers, this single-disc set will come with an English Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track and quite a few extras: Audio commentary by director Stuart Baird, four brand-new featurettes "New Frontiers: Stuart Baird on Directing Nemesis," "A Bold Vision of the Final Frontier," "A Star Trek Family's Final Journey" and "Red Alert! Shooting the Action of Nemesis," a still gallery, and trailers. Retail is $29.95.

I'm hoping one of those featurettes has a section on the cut footage from the film. This is also the first Trek film to be released "full screen" on DVD. Boo Paramount!

Neil

Or perhaps Paramount are pulling yet another stunt and will release a deluxe edition with all those scenes put back into the movie when the second batch of movie DVDs 1-9 is complete.

Marian - still waiting for a decent Undiscovered Country.

:) TPM:"U"E

Director Stuart Baird has said on the record that he is satisfied with the theatrical cut, and that it is his cut. I would prefer to see the scenes in a supplement, outside of the film.

Neil

Director Stuart Baird has said on the record that he is satisfied with the theatrical cut, and that it is his cut.  I would prefer to see the scenes in a supplement, outside of the film.

Neil

Even I don't want his to change his poop of a film, I do want to see it on DVD, to see what was cut. Nothing that was cut could have saved this terrible film, but it will be interesting to see cut scenes of Picard. Stewart was the films only saving grace.

Joe, very sick today, wishing someone would shoot him.