...would I be banned if I prefered Zimmer to Williams?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well..... Hans Zimmer is a good Film Music Composer

John Williams is a great Composer who composes music for films

Yes,that seems accurate.Not many composers bother to write concert as many concert arrangements of their film music,or do concerts lof their music like Williams does(Goldsmith does,to a lesser degree.).

K.M.

:) You are implying there is something wrong with the title film music composer? Williams considers himself to be a film composer.

Very fun to listen to and very dangerous to drive to. Same goes for Devoe's Revenge on the Peacemaker score. DAMN, it's just so intense and powerful, you can hear the rage and anger he's feeling in the music, it's perfect.

.......Hans Zimmer did not compose Devoe's Revenge, Gavin Greenaway did (as well as several other cues)

Something a bit irrelevant but does anybody know what happened to Christopher young?

I quite liked some of his scores and I haven't come across a film with his name on the credits for a while.

Something a bit irrelevant but does anybody know what happened to Christopher young?

I quite liked some of his scores and I haven't come across a film with his name on the credits for a while.

Ocelot would know the answer to this.

Neil

Johnner,

Chris has been taking a much needed break. He did 3 scores in 2000 (bless the child, wonder boys and the gift) and 7 in 2001 (including swordfish, the shipping news, the glass house, bandits and sweet november). He only did one score in 2002, Country Bears Project, as he was dealing with a lot of personal matters that year. He has finished scoring "The Core" which will be coming out soon. He is a fantastic composer and he'll have a lot on his plate again soon!!!

Hope that answers your question ;)

Wael

I hope the movie is OK?!?!?!?!?!?! I don't know, it could be fun, but it could aslo be very cliche and silly. Only time will tell. I know the score is great.

The movie looks incredibly lame.

It looks like it is following the trend of those tired "disaster" flicks that every studio was putting out like 5 years ago.

You know the drill ....

Cities are destroyed along with famous landmarks ......

but HOPE WILL SURVIVE! :sleepy::):)